Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Graviteam Tactics: Mius-Front is out

I've just downloaded it. I think it may take me a some time to get my head around the UI, as it seems to be completely different from CM. Have you played it? If so, what do you make of it?

I have played a little but am no expert but to be honest I like it but it can be pretty hard to get into. Not to mention that its on a MUCH larger scale than Most Cm games,as a result I do find it a little hard to manage at time . The older games in the series are pretty good as well but I am not exactly good at any of them.

Lotta people do, but it is what it is. I had suggested on the Matrix forum thatGraviteam and the folks that developedPanzer Command Ostfront should join forces and what a kickass Eastern Front game that could be...

Last edited:
I love the detail! Tactical flare gun usage and radiomen running across the battlefield to re-establish wired communication?! This is awesome!
BUT I hate the GUI - its so awful and really drains the fun out of the game for me.

Also the operational layer is very complicated and I don't get sh**. Even Hearts of Iron is easier.
Still I hope this game evolves and I love the detail as mentioned!

Will wait for some updates until I get into it again

Because you find the UI confusing and the operational level difficult...right?

I am in it for the tactical detail, IMO the UI is serviceable and yes, the operational level is a bear. You have been to their wiki, there is much useful info and instructional vids to smooth out the rough edges...

The managment of the OOB was a little overwherlming when I started the Mius and I was a veteran since the APOS original!!!. But it has a great detail with things that hope the Combat Mission will get overtime. The turn base would be a good thing, but its also a challenge to mantain tactical awareness with everything kind of like in the close combat but in a bigger scale. It deserves more praise.

The managment of the OOB was a little overwherlming when I started the Mius and I was a veteran since the APOS original!!!. But it has a great detail with things that hope the Combat Mission will get overtime. The turn base would be a good thing, but its also a challenge to mantain tactical awareness with everything kind of like in the close combat but in a bigger scale. It deserves more praise.

My take is I would rather see Graviteam add the option for turn based and tweak UI elements than worry about CM adding the best from the Graviteam titles...I know that's sacrilege around here, but these games are unheralded gems...

Hi, I've just bought Graviteam Tactics - Mius Front after reading a few reviews and watching some YT vids.

I am a Combat Mission fan (else I wouldn't be here) and wanted to investigate this game after every thread I've seen on forums where people say CM vs GT which is better, GT always seems to come up on top.

I have to say my initial impressions are that I am not impressed at all with GT. The interface is utterly non-intuitive, if you want to watch the action, you lose focus on the mission. The tutorials I have played so far teach nothing and the manual seems sparse compared to CM.

But reading and watching reviews, I can't help think I'm missing something. People are regularly commenting that GT is a simulator but I'm afraid I can't see it. It just seems like a point/click RTS game to me. I've won and lost battles without having a clue how.

The vehicle and terrain graphics are great and it would be good to see Battlefront move in this direction for the CM series.

The infantry though are freaky looking, the animations are twitchy and repetitious. The Russian faces look fairly normal but the Germans all look like devil faced weirdos. Perhaps some bias in the faces portrayed??

Also the weapon sounds and bullet whizzes and cracks are much more immersive in CM than in GT (although I do use mods for CM).

I am willing to accept that perhaps I have not put enough effort into learning the game, but I don't want to do this if I am just going to be more disappointed than I am at the moment.

Is it possible to enjoy GT as much as CM or do I resign to being a fan of one or the other? Am I being unfair to GT? I had high hopes.

You aren´t unfair! There is nothing like CM - at least I heard of and saw nothing what hold the promises. And I´m a CMx1 player. And I have to say the graphic of Mius isn´t that great for my taste. The vehicles are not bad but the surroundings is weak. What seems to be a real good one are the physics. At least that is my impression from what I saw in the video.

Greetings :)

Back