Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Great movie scenes.

@Badger73

Don't you love how, in Greyhound, the Captain's orders are not questioned? It's as if they came from God himself. I know we live in a society that applauds questioning authority, but those of us who have been in the military know the value of having a person in charge, who is not subject to second guessing, at least until the current crisis is under control. :)

@Badger73

Don't you love how, in Greyhound, the Captain's orders are not questioned? It's as if they came from God himself. I know we live in a society that applauds questioning authority, but those of us who have been in the military know the value of having a person in charge, who is not subject to second guessing, at least until the current crisis is under control. :)

Yep. As someone who never served in combat, I don't know how often authority gets questioned when fur hits the fan. I served in an army where and when time permitted regularly raising questions without compromising mission or discipline. Overall, I think that the navy trains and does a better job of endowing and adhering to a shipmaster's authority. The sea can be as unforgiving as the battlefield.

Yep. As someone who never served in combat, I don't know how often authority gets questioned when fur hits the fan. I served in an army where and when time permitted regularly raising questions without compromising mission or discipline. Overall, I think that the navy trains and does a better job of endowing and adhering to a shipmaster's authority. The sea can be as unforgiving as the battlefield.

Well said. My military service didn't involve actual combat either, but my current job, which often involves major trauma, and life or death decisions, does rely on chain of command, which starts with the physician in charge, who might as well be God himself, when the shit hits the fan. He/She calls the shots, and we follow their orders. That's how we save lives. :) Questions come later.

Back