FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com

The corridor fight scene took seventeen takes in three days to perfect, and was one continuous take -- there was no editing of any sort except for the knife that was stabbed in Oh Dae-su's back, which was computer-generated imagery. Though the scene has often been compared visually to side scrolling beat 'em up video games, director Park Chan-wook has stated that the similarity was unintentional.

Meat Grinder

FGM Colonel
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
1 game.

The corridor fight scene took seventeen takes in three days to perfect, and was one continuous take -- there was no editing of any sort except for the knife that was stabbed in Oh Dae-su's back, which was computer-generated imagery. Though the scene has often been compared visually to side scrolling beat 'em up video games, director Park Chan-wook has stated that the similarity was unintentional.

A genius fight scene, to be sure. I also like this one:

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Who are these freaks, hammer girl and baseball boy? Colleagues? Siblings? Lovers?
Baseball guy asks for his ball back. Yeah right.

I always find myself squirming in my seat, instinctively ducking and dodging during the fights. :D
I've seen these scenes before, but I've never actually watched the full movies. Must do that one day soon. Old Boy and The Raid 1 and 2.

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Here is an amazing scene from Ip Man, based on the life of the guy who trained Bruce Lee.
Chinese Kung Fu vs Japanese Karate. Set during the WW2 occupation of China by Japanese soldiers.
Pretty sure I've posted this before on the martial arts thread, but worth a repost.

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
A Gentleman NEVER hits a lady with a urinal.

Yeah, my memory of this one was bleak. Super cheesy, poor casting and crappy script writing.
But it sounds like that didn't stop you having fun with it anyway. :D
Sometimes a really bad movie can be good value as an unintentional comedy.

Concord

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
concord@iinet.net.au
Impressive, but why do I get the impression they weren't taking the brand seriously? Sacrilege!
Worst John Connor ever too I might add.

Brings to mind The Blues Brothers. 103 cars destroyed, which was the most in cinema history at the time I think.
At least they knew they were doing a comedy. :p

Apparently this scene was filmed in an actual shopping mall. Would have been fun to clean up the mess.