Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Great movie scenes.

Wow, Villiamza. I hadn't seen that one.
Then I would recommend you lay in plenty of your favorite beer, grab a copy & watch it one evening.
Some would say it's a touch slow to get going but it's worth the wait.
I'm ex-forces (Infantry) & whenever I watch it I can see how very little somethings have changed, such as the role call at the end.

"If it's a miracle, it's a short-chamber Boxer-Henry .45 calibre miracle"
"And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind."

Re Zulu. I got the VHS as soon as it came out ("Jesus, mTk. How old are you?" "Never mind that, mate."), and later the DVD. Both had terrible video quality. So bad that I rarely watched it again (not never, mind you). Then just recently I saw it was available on Blu-Ray. Had to get it. I think the price was only about $20 so how bad a mistake could it have been? I was just expecting a high-quality version of the bad quality video of the past (does that even make sense?). Much to my surprise and delight the Blu-Ray quality comes shining through rendering Zulu in all its graphic wonder that it deserves.

I had to look around for the Blu-Ray and I got only one of two remaining in stock (sorry forgot the source) but if you can find one, and are as big a fan of Zulu as am I, go for it. It remains an amazing movie experience. :cheers:

I think "The Godfather" should get his well-deserved place in here too.
Horse's Head
Baptism

"When Trumpets Fade" set during the battle for Hurtgen Forest, 19 September 1944 to 10 February 1945.

Owing to the massive casualties on both sides (American Forces suffered 33,000 casualties and the Germans Forces suffered 28,000 casualties) it was also to become known as "The Meat Grinder"

Additional point of interest -
There is a stone monument, with a bronze plaque, at the Hürtgen Military Cemetery, dedicated by veterans of the U.S. 4th Infantry Division to the memory of Friedrich Lengfeld (29 September 1921 – 12 November 1944), a German lieutenant. Lengfeld died on 12 November 1944, of severe wounds sustained while helping a wounded American soldier out of the "Wild Sow" ("Wilde Sau") minefield. It is the only such memorial for a German soldier placed by his erstwhile opponents in a German military cemetery. (source wikipedia)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Villiamza: I´m impressed a bit. One of the few US movies that didn´t show US GIs as always winning "Superheroes". At least what I could see from the scene above. I´ll hold that movie in mind and will look it in the near future. I hope the movie will be as the scene promises.

I have to mention that Karl-Heinz Rosch got a memorial by his former "enemies" - the Dutchs. He was Wehrmacht soldier and rescued two dutch children before allied fire. Furthermore here a video
were Russians errected a memorial for german soldiers of WW2.

@Richtig & MTk: Yep, the same for me! And not only for the violent "realistic" scenes. There is so much depth/substance in open and as well hidden pictures not many other works can compare with it.

Greetings :)

Last edited:
@Villiamza: I´m impressed a bit. One of the few US movies that didn´t show US GIs as always winning "Superheroes". At least what I could see from the scene above. I´ll hold that movie in mind and will look it in the near future. I hope the movie will be as the scene promises.

I have to mention that Karl-Heinz Rosch got a memorial by his former "enemies" - the Dutchs. He was Wehrmacht soldier and rescued two dutch children before allied fire. Furthermore here a video
were Russians errected a memorial for german soldiers of WW".

@Richtig & MTk: Yep, the same for me! And not only for the violent "realistic" scenes. There is so much depth/substance in open and as well hidden pictures not many other works can compare with it.

I've already banged on about this film in another thread somewhere so I won't bore everyone a second time but It's on my list of personal favorites!
To not give too much away, there is a particular scene where he meets his battlefield replacements and whilst explaining a few things to them he doesn't look them in the face, it's almost as if he's not interested in getting to know them, in all likelihood they won't be around for long anyway.

Ok maybe I did go on a little, what the hell eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Die Feuerzangenbowle - "First Class"

"The Building Site Sign""

"You are still thinking!"

"There we play possum!"

Sadly I wasn´t able to find an english version. But this movie, from times as german films had quality yet, is one of my absolute favourites.

Last edited:
Back