Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Great movie scenes.

Nah, just a medic.

My uncle Roby, however, was 101st Airborne, during WW2.

My relatives are smeared all over the place when it comes to wartime history.
I could mention a couple.

My brother did two tours in Kosovo as a NATO peacekeeper with the danish forces back in the nineties.

My grandfathers brother was on a Sloop that got shredded by machine gun and cannon fire by a german plane during WWII. It went down, but miraculously no one was wounded or killed. During that time our island nation delivered fish to the UK which made the ships targets for the germans.

My grandmothers brother was a captain in the british merchant navy during WWII. He helped deliver supplies to allied forces during the siege of Malta, and later in Normandy.
The scenes from Normandy kinda stuck with him for the remainder of his life. Sailing his ship through dead and living people under strict orders not to stop and aide them.

Then there was another young lady. Can´t recall her name or exactly how we were related. She was part of the danish underground movement that helped jews escape to Sweden. Also during WWII ofcourse. She was from my fathers side of the family.

On my mothers side was a stark contrast of the previous character.
He was a corporal with the danish Freikorps of the waffen ss.
He apparantly didn´t see much action because he caught consumption. But God only knows what tasks he was put to while being rotated.

My relatives are smeared all over the place when it comes to wartime history.
I could mention a couple.

My brother did two tours in Kosovo as a NATO peacekeeper with the danish forces back in the nineties.

My grandfathers brother was on a Sloop that got shredded by machine gun and cannon fire by a german plane during WWII. It went down, but miraculously no one was wounded or killed. During that time our island nation delivered fish to the UK which made the ships targets for the germans.

My grandmothers brother was a captain in the british merchant navy during WWII. He helped deliver supplies to allied forces during the siege of Malta, and later in Normandy.
The scenes from Normandy kinda stuck with him for the remainder of his life. Sailing his ship through dead and living people under strict orders not to stop and aide them.

Then there was another young lady. Can´t recall her name or exactly how we were related. She was part of the danish underground movement that helped jews escape to Sweden. Also during WWII ofcourse. She was from my fathers side of the family.

On my mothers side was a stark contrast of the previous character.
He was a corporal with the danish Freikorps of the waffen ss.
He apparantly didn´t see much action because he caught consumption. But God only knows what tasks he was put to while being rotated.

Amazing family history there, @Captain K. There ought to be a thread on family military history somewhere on here, for those who would want to participate.

Several more of my uncles, both on my father's and mother's side were in WW2, sadly I have never done the research to know any real details. Dad was the youngest of all his brothers and only participated at the very end of WW2 on a carrier (want to say Mendota, but not sure that is correct), after which he left the navy, but a few years later returned and had a career in the U.S. Air Force (non combat role: finance), from which he retired when I was around six years old.

Somewhere in my father's (now stepmother's) house is a photo, in uniform, of one of my great, great (sorry, not sure how many "greats") grandfathers (dad's side), who was a Union captain(?) in the U.S. Civil War.

I really need to do some digging on this. I don't have children, but my great nephews might be interested.

Now, back to awesome movie scenes!

Last edited:
I finally got my Marlin goose gun with the full choke and 36" barrel 12 gauge.
Waited almost a year. Plus a spare mag which unfortunately has a broken spring rendering it useless. Hopefully it is mendable.

I never joke about these matters.
I purchased a Marlin Goose gun, the original one. With the 36" barrel full choke 12/76.
It´s quite a dandy.

If you don´t aprove of my purchase an honest opinion is welcome.

Seems like a sound purchase. Take it to the gun thread.

Back