Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gun talk

Apart from many of the complete morons in this ensemble of clips, what specifically has occurred mechanically to result in magazine ejections at 4:30 and 5:40 in this vid? Incorrectly seated magazine or something?

No. I took another look and in those specific incidents (4:30 and 5:40) I couldn't see the shooters doing anything incorrectly. Looked to me like mechanical malfunctions in both instances. Anyone with more experience care to chime in? I saw jams in basic training in the 1980s. We were, however, probably training with decade+ old, well worn M16s. I wouldn't expect a modern M16/AR15 to experience those type of malfunctions.

Last edited:
No. I took another look and in those specific incidents (4:30 and 5:40) I couldn't see the shooters doing anything incorrectly. Looked to me like mechanical malfunctions in both instances. Anyone with more experience care to chime in? I saw a lot of jams like this in basic training in the 1980s. We were, however, probably training with decade+ old, well worn M16s. I wouldn't expect a modern M16/AR15 to experience those type of malfunctions.
The one at 4:30 looks like he had a round in the chamber with a delayed firing, and he kept trying to jam the next round in, then it fired. Just my opinion. Same with the other one.

4:30 could very well have been a double charged handload as well. They were talking about using some other dude's reloaded ammo, which could be why they were also having failure to fires as well. The guy who did the handloads may have done a crappy job and wasn't paying attention. Who knows for sure, as it could be ammo or mechanical related. Lots of variables in that one.

Last edited:
Y'all have some nice pieces!

@Buckykatt - Man, would love to be able to shoot on my own property. Must be great.

@mjkerner - Nice FAL. Israeli variant, correct? Also, how do you like that GSG STG44? I see them pop up in gun stores around here every once in awhile. Always curious as to how they shoot.

@Meat Grinder - Any reason for the Colt AR15A4 as opposed to a 6920?

Argh, y'all are gonna make me haul my stuff out for show and tell.

Last edited:
Y'all have some nice pieces!

@Buckykatt - Man, would love to be able to shoot on my own property. Must be great.

@mjkerner - Nice FAL. Israeli variant, correct? Also, how do you like that GSG STG44? I see them pop up in gun stores around here every once in awhile. Always curious as to how they shoot.

Argh, y'all are gonna make me haul my stuff out for show and tell.
Bring it Rambler

Nostalgia and familiarity, mostly. The AR15A4 is pretty much exactly the same thing I trained with back in the day, minus the full auto, and the forward handguards are somewhat different (ours were smooth back then).

By all means, show and tell time!

@Rambler, I'm not sure if the FAL is Israeli or not. The only thing I know is that Century Arms repurposed it to civilian use.

@ Meat Grinder, I like that Persuader. But that Henry looks really fun!

1) Not wanting to turn this into a political gun bash but yeah it's pretty much non-existent that I'd ever get to buy my favourite guns for personal... or any use come to think of it. :p
2) Modern weaponary I've always like the look of the G36. Maybe it's a Sci-Fi looking thing.
3) Yeah a MP40 and STG44 hanging on the wall in the war room (study) would be nice. :)

Better not click on that link at work... just in case. ;)

Well put it this way, airsoft toys/weapons are banned including those with the orange barrel tips to highlight they are fake.

Definitely don't want to turn this thread into any kind of political debate, but I think it's ok to have a factual discussion of the gun laws of various nations so we can get an idea of what is and isn't allowed. @Ithikial , I though it was legal for private citizens in Australia to own certain firearms, though I admit I don't know which ones are and are not legal to own. I thought hunting was a rather big thing in the land down under. From what little research I've done on YT, I do know that the process of obtaining a licence (or permit, whatever it is) to own a firearm is rather onerous, but it is possible.

Definitely don't want to turn this thread into any kind of political debate, but I think it's ok to have a factual discussion of the gun laws of various nations so we can get an idea of what is and isn't allowed. @Ithikial , I though it was legal for private citizens in Australia to own certain firearms, though I admit I don't know which ones are and are not legal to own. I thought hunting was a rather big thing in the land down under. From what little research I've done on YT, I do know that the process of obtaining a licence (or permit, whatever it is) to own a firearm is rather onerous, but it is possible.
Yeah, there still are gun shops and farmers still have rifles etc - it's not like there isn't a single gun on this island. :p But pump action shotguns, assault rifles and semi-automatics are generally the big no no.

In other words you're never going to see this section in a Department store here:
3801644879_21c26b7da3_b.jpg

And don't even think you can ever legally own one of these:
article-2259243-16D15A12000005DC-468_634x407.jpg

Quite incidentally our statistics on causes of death got updated only the other day here. All stats are totals for between 2006-2015.

Total Deaths
1,454,112 persons

Total Deaths Intentional Use of Firearms on Self (Suicide)
1,741 persons

Total Deaths Caused by Assault by Firearms
337 persons

Total Deaths Caused by Falling Out of a Bed (NO JOKE!)
474 persons

You literally have more chance of dying from falling out of bed than from gun violence (ie shootings) in Australia. Remember the equivalent US numbers on gun deaths generally don't include suicides from what I've seen.

At this point, honestly the average bloke the street likes it the way it is. There are a few political parties that want to ease gun controls back but it doesn't get mainstream traction and no major party would support it. Some are honest farmers groups etc and I understand that argument, but others are right loonies who think everyone should have a concealed weapon on them at all times. They never get above 5% of the vote come election time.

And to 'lighten' the mood from the same dataset:
To dispel one of the great myths of Australia, between 2006 and 2015, only 56 people died from venomous animals and plants. However 23 of them were in Western Australia - my home state. (Dropbear attacks omitted from official counts ;) ). A further 172 deaths nationally were caused from non-venomous animals.

cb57e2cab9a367947616a032e5a43347.png

@Bootie - I know I'm meant to be an admin and all and there are no political posts but I need to defend my country. :p

Last edited:
:) Its fine... I would love display models but frankly its a big pain in the arse.
You can't buy a replica gun that looks like a real gun, but you can buy a real gun that looks like a real gun if its de-activated.
De-activated used to mean a metal rod welded down the barrel. The firing mechanism etc are welded so they will not cock or dry fire.
An EU rule in 2016 stated...
In particular, magazines of deactivated pistols, repeating rifles (i.e. single shot rifles with a magazine), semi-auto rifles and automatic firearms must be pinned and welded in place, or empty magazine housings permanently blocked through spots of weld being added to prevent the insertion of any magazine. Striker holes must also be welded shut.

Quite incidentally our statistics on causes of death got updated only the other day here. All stats are totals for between 2006-2015.

Total Deaths Caused by Falling Out of a Bed (NO JOKE!)
474 persons

I'm sure those needless deaths could have been prevented with proper legislation. Perhaps laws should be passed making bed frames illegal and requiring mattresses to be placed directly on the floor? :D

@Ithikial - That's a bummer. Well, there's always Plan C: a 1:1 cardstock MP44 you can build and put on your wall! http://www.papercraftsquare.com/wwi...g-44-rifle-free-gun-paper-model-download.html

@Bootie - Wow, that's interesting. You would think it would be the other way around. I also find it interesting what different countries consider to be the main parts that make a firearm a firearm. It seems like in Europe the barrel, and apparently the bolt face and some internals, are what constitutes the firearm; meaning if those are welded, it's deactivated. Here in the US it's the receiver. To deactivate a firearm over here, the receiver needs to be torch cut into pieces before the ATF considers it no longer a firearm. In short, what y'all would consider a deactivated firearm over there would still be seen as live over here, even if there was a welded rod in the barrel and the bolt face/internals were welded.

@Meat Grinder - Nice! Channeling your inner cowboy, huh? Need a range report with pics now.

Back