Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hell let loose

Yea. The kills aren't the focus. Especially when you are in a good group. It's all about calling out locations and taking ground.

It was fun to see that kill count while on artillery. You are behind the action and are pretty much looking at a map and aligning a gun. It's nice to know I made some difference.

I had a match recently where I was playing the support class. My squad leader asked me to drop supplies at his marker so he could eventually build a Garrison.

So I head to the outskirts of Carentan and drop my supply box down. Shortly after, the enemy starts to take over Carentan and ends up taking it. I'm still in the area of my supply box and I hear footsteps coming from my left side. I crouch behind the wall.

The footsteps are loud now. I pop up with my Thompson and find 2 soldiers running down the street. I blast one down and the other turn around to get away. He doesn't get but a few steps before I let him have it too.

I change out my magazine. A smoke grenade goes off to my right down the street. I pop up again and I see another soldier crawling along the road. Another blast from the Thompson and now 3 soldiers are laying in front of me.

A very satisfying minute or two.

Last edited:
Yes your individual kill stats are available anytime during a match. Click score board or Tab key and at bottom left is Personal tab. Very handy too since sometimes its hard to tell if you killed somebody or not. As long as your tracking your kill count then you can easily determine if the enemy is killed. Not hard since my kills rarely go over 10 LOL! Its not about your stats but its all about gathering intel to know whether a threat has been eliminated or not.

Personally I like to see a kill feed! I wish this could be server controlled with admin rules or something. The Rising Storm series has a delayed kill feed, works pretty good. Or perhaps a middle ground, a kill feed only showing your own kills and nobody else's. It doesn't really detract from the heavy emphasis on team work.

Have this as well but barely played the last year. After it came out there was a while I played it quite regularly. However it was always a chore to find a server with a good ping, room and english speaking people.

Fired it up once after the Soviet release but didn't have a great team and quit after an hour of play or so. I would surely be interested to try this with a group from here!

Fired it up once after the Soviet release but didn't have a great team and quit after an hour of play or so. I would surely be interested to try this with a group from here!
I'm up for it, but because I'm stingy, I'm waiting for a sale :)

Been watching some comparison videos .. one said that Post Scriptum actually has more careful, deliberate tactical gameplay, whereas Hell Let Loose is more casual. What's your take on that? I never played either but wondering what to invest my time in.

Been watching some comparison videos .. one said that Post Scriptum actually has more careful, deliberate tactical gameplay, whereas Hell Let Loose is more casual. What's your take on that? I never played either but wondering what to invest my time in.
I haven't played post scriptum but the player base is a lot smaller currently than hell let loose.

I can say in HLL if you are with a good group there is lots of communicating. And flanking and supply runs and getting defenses built. Becomes a lot of fun.

I never played PS but I did play alot of Squad. Which is what PS is based from. IMHO HLL is certainly not more casual. Though that can literally change from not just one match to another, but from a single life or squad change to another.

Somebody said it best earlier in this thread about a love/hate thing with this game. I agreed! One life you can have an absolute blast and then the next five lives you die trying to get to the Obj. but killed from an unknown enemy. o_O

telia-erik.gif

I've been playing a lot of HLL the last few months (I even did a match with a fellow FGM'er).

Over that time, I have seen a repeat of the same old pattern of cheating that happens in HLL, PS and Squad.
It will escalate over a period of about 4-6 weeks and then, as Easy Anti-Cheat catches up with them, it dies back down.
You can have a relatively quiet period of about 2 weeks, and then the cycle starts up again.
When the peak hits, boy do you notice it. ESP (seeing everyone on the map) and aimbot.

One obvious example: Behind a stone wall higher than my character (can't be seen)...
Being fired at from beyond the wall on the other side (I can see the automatic fire peppering the wall near me).
Where ever I move, left to right and back again, the fire follows me. :rolleyes:

One obvious example: Behind a stone wall higher than my character (can't be seen)...
Being fired at from beyond the wall on the other side (I can see the automatic fire peppering the wall near me).
Where ever I move, left to right and back again, the fire follows me.
As I read this, I thought ah, surely it can't be that bad.. he must be misinterpreting something.

Then I saw this:

Well HLL is certainly not 'casual', but imo much more of the good casual to play compared to PS. It's actually quite doable to get into a good game and start fighting for the objectives. Like others say it can vary, and of course depends on your squad / side communication. Other times you are caught in accurate artillery fire for a while, very deadly.

All in all good fun and I think a good buy. I personally haven't encountered much/any cheaters fortunately, but then I haven't played much recently.

Every PvP game gets cheaters sadly.
In fact, I think Combat Mission may be the only one that doesn't. Well, not that I know of. :oops:

I've researched this whole phenomenon.
For cheating providers, this is BIG business, making the creators and the publishers millions of dollars.
When I last searched, one cheat for Hell Let Loose that's at the top of Google results charges 200 Euro per month. Some are cheaper.

It can ruin game titles. The companies that make popular pvp games like PUBG, Escape from Tarkov, CSGO, and many other big titles have almost been ruined by it.
It's a constant 'arms race' between game devs and cheat makers, each of them constantly updating code.
It can absorb huge amounts of the company's resources, which is why outsourcing to companies like 'Easy Anti-cheat' has become common.

From what I've read, Easy Anti-cheat gathers intel from a variety of sources, like game stats, to build a case against cheaters.
This is possibly to legally protect the game companies from liability I suspect.
But this means that cheaters only get booted over time, and some probably slip under the radar for much longer.

I reckon you'd have small nuts and a immature ego to cheat. Cheaters can be all ages too.
In fact, the psychological reasons for cheating is an interesting subject.
As you can imagine, being a game-god with no challenges would get boring...after a while.
For these people, their motivation is often getting a perverted, sadistic rush from upsetting people.

Every PvP game gets cheaters sadly.
In fact, I think Combat Mission may be the only one that doesn't. Well, not that I know of. :oops:

I've researched this whole phenomenon.
For cheating providers, this is BIG business, making the creators and the publishers millions of dollars.
When I last searched, one cheat for Hell Let Loose that's at the top of Google results charges 200 Euro per month. Some are cheaper.

It can ruin game titles. The companies that make popular pvp games like PUBG, Escape from Tarkov, CSGO, and many other big titles have almost been ruined by it.
It's a constant 'arms race' between game devs and cheat makers, each of them constantly updating code.
It can absorb huge amounts of the company's resources, which is why outsourcing to companies like 'Easy Anti-cheat' has become common.

From what I've read, Easy Anti-cheat gathers intel from a variety of sources, like game stats, to build a case against cheaters.
This is possibly to legally protect the game companies from liability I suspect.
But this means that cheaters only get booted over time, and some probably slip under the radar for much longer.

I reckon you'd have small nuts and a immature ego to cheat. Cheaters can be all ages too.
In fact, the psychological reasons for cheating is an interesting subject.
As you can imagine, being a game-god with no challenges would get boring...after a while.
For these people, their motivation is often getting a perverted, sadistic rush from upsetting people.
This is why we can't have nice things. I guess the only solution would be to make it possible to ban a whole steam user or maybe even delete his account, if he was caught cheating too many times.

Back