Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hello All, and Thanks for the Add...

OnePingOnly

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks, Bootie, for the add. Also thanks to Titan, who suggested that I stop lurking and join.

Like many others here, I developed an interest in history at an early age, fueled by my Dad buying me books and model kits. I love(d) reading about history, and building plastic models gave me a "hands-on" connection to that history - and I still do both of those things. My introduction to wargaming gave me another way to get "hands-on" with history. I played a number of board and early computer war-games as a young person, but never had good wargaming partners for "serious" wargames. I really loved the original CM series when it came out, and in recent years came to the new series after some time away from wargames. Lockdown over the last year gave me a LOT more time to explore all the different WW2 modules for CM2, and from there I found this site for mods and other add-ons. I also started watching a lot of AAR videos while waiting to pick kids up from this or that event. Inspired by Hapless, Josey Wales, etc., I recently decided to try making a few myself (see the YouTube link in my sig/profile) because it exercises my creative side even though I'm no military genius.

While I've done a few hot-seat PvP scenarios and QMs with friends, the one thing I haven't really done is PBEM or played PvP with serious CM players. That's something I'm looking to get up the guts to try, so I can fail and learn. There's certainly a lot of great testimonials here about how much players have learned by starting to play others here. The tournaments/ campaigns here also look like a blast. I'll have to make a priority to figure out how PBEM works so I can be ready.

Currently I have all the WW2 modules and expansions, and recently viewed AARs and kindling an interest in maybe getting Cold War - since that's the threat with which I are up.

I looked forward to meeting with you folks!

Big welcome to the Club @OnePingOnly The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Welcome aboard OnePingOnly!
I love when movie Russian sub commanders have Scottish accents

Welcome. What software do you use to capture video and edit it?

Welcome aboard OnePingOnly!
I love when movie Russian sub commanders have Scottish accents
It's a little-known fact* that in casting for The Hunt for Red October, the director was specifically looking for an actor with a Scottish accent to play the Lithuanian-born Marco Ramius. The first English-speaking schools in Lithuania were set up by Scots, and as a result, English-speaking Lithuanians often had a Scottish accent. This is just another way that The Hunt for Red October strove for historical authenticity. :)

*a fact that I just totally made up. Apologies to any Lithuanian friends out there.

• Haha
Reactions: mTk
Welcome. What software do you use to capture video and edit it?
Hello Bulletpoint-
I'm using Capto for the video capture, and iMovie for the editing.
The one thing that still baffles me is how to remove the cursor from the videos. On my Mac, I cannot pan left and right with the cursor in the menu bar area at the bottom of the CM game screen. I also can't get smooth up/down panning like some of the other video AAR "masters" do.

Welcome, I’ll need to check out your vids. Love the avatar, Sean Connery is the only man who can get away with playing a Russian, an Egyptian and an Englishman all with a Scottish accent.
Thanks Josey!
Your vids were one of the reasons I came back to CM. They reminded me of what I love about the game.

im-ramirez-demotivational-poster-1252002624.jpg

1620612498307.png

Welcome to the club ... Have a donut and some coffee!

Back