Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hello Friends

Shepherd74

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
You all have been kind enough to invite me to join your group and I wanted to say hello and thanks. I'm Shepherd, and I have been playing wargames and all sorts of games for many years now. I'm an attorney for abused kids, married to a woman smarter and stronger than I will ever be, and the proud father of a two year old daughter. In the last few years I've been fighting a blood cancer that seems determined to end my gaming days. But while I can't work any longer, I have been fighting to recover every day for three and a half years now. Recently I decided to try to get back in to Combat Mission (I played quite a bit of it and ASL with my father years ago) and picked up CM: FI. One of the real pleasures I have discovered is watching some of the excellent youtube videos that some of your members have put out. I feel like watching players like Hapless and Josey I am actually learning a little about infantry tactics. Also a huge fan of the historical videos. I have a lot of downtime in medical exile and they help fill the void.

Anyways, as you can see I have a bad habit of rambling. I'm not exactly Captain Winters quality, but if anyone desires a pbm opponent for a small game sometime (or you just want to chat), please contact me. I'm easy going and try to maintain a calm demeanor playing games. I also have a variety of other games I enjoy (Shadow Empires, Distant Worlds, Field of Glory 2). Thanks for reading.

Thanks all. Yes Gunner, I grew up in and live in Richmond. I don't get out a lot anymore but I am keeping Door Dash in business in my neighborhood. :D

Welcome aboard Shepherd 74
Kinda a neighbor of yours...born in Maryland and currently live in West 'by god' Virginny

Where abouts Abbasid? My whole family is from Huntington.

Big welcome to the Club @Shepherd74 The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

I lived in Hampton once, many years ago in a galaxy far, far away...Welcome Aboard. What high school did you go to? I was a Kecoughtan Warrior for awhile.

I'm a Richmond boy myself. And as the man said, it's not the years, it's the mileage. :) Thank you and all of you for the warm welcome. I had the AI kick my behind on the first campaign mission tonight for the Americans in FI. I need to practice before I embarrass myself facing any of you.

1620612498307.png

Welcome to the club! Please stay and enjoy a doughnut and some coffee!

Back