Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Historical and/or Legendary Speeches

T

Tyson Pearsall

As often happens when you browse youtube, you begin to watch a bunch of random videos and the sidebar of relevant videos seems to occupy your next two hours. Well, I found myself watching several speeches by military commanders to their troops. There is something to be said about a leader who through eloquent articulation, can inspire courage and valor. There is also something to be said about a leader who can pin-pointedly speak to the heart of the matter regarding the sacrifice and pain, and yet the necessity of these things, so that the suffering of many may be avoided. I for one can only imagine the sacrifice, pain, suffering, sorrow and grief befallen to many, but I find that many of these speeches allow their listeners a slight glimpse into these facets and byproducts of war.

Feel free to share your favorite speeches, or ones which you feel evoke the same types of empathy for those who have sacrificed so much for the greater good.

Back