Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

How many people play CMBN in multiplayer mode?

Melammu

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi Girls and Boys,
my name is Melammu and as I had much fun by playing Combat Mission Shock Force 1 in singleplayer mode
I now think about buying Battle for Normandie to play it in multiplayer mode.
My questions in advance:
1.) May you tell me if there will be other players who'd like to play it with me as - when not - I'd
better save my money and stay lonely ;-))
2.) Is it possible to play against a pc player if I buy the version for Mac?

Waiting to hear from you - Melammu :))

Hey @Melammu , yes CMBN is still extremely popular for PvP and you will have no problems finding an opponent here.

Yes PC and Mac can play against each other without issue, you just need to make sure you are both on the same patch.

I'd volunteer a game with you but I already have four on the go at the moment (three of them being CMBN) and my turn rates are slow due to my work, but I'm certain you'll find an opponent or six before the day is out! :2charge:

Thank you so much for your positive answer.

With that I will buy Battle for Normandie in single player mode now to practice against the machine to be prepared for the challenge during the "real combat".

yours- Melammu

While exact player numbers for CMBN's multiplayer are hard to pin down, there's still a dedicated community playing, especially for Battle for Normandie. Online forums and communities remain active, and servers are often populated, particularly during peak hours. You shouldn't have trouble finding opponents, especially for popular scenarios.

As for Mac compatibility, CMBN unfortunately doesn't currently offer native Mac support, so playing against PC players directly wouldn't be possible without additional tools like bootcamp or virtualization software. That said, there are dedicated Mac communities playing through platforms like Parsec, so finding multiplayer action on Mac is still an option, just requiring a bit more setup. Hope this helps with your decision!-

As for Mac compatibility, CMBN unfortunately doesn't currently offer native Mac support, so playing against PC players directly wouldn't be possible without addition
Not true, this only applies to the Steam version of the game, the Mac version is only available to buy direct from Battlefront themselves (applies to all the titles). In fact if you buy from Battlefront directly you get access to both Windows and Mac versions and also you get a Steam key too

While exact player numbers for CMBN's multiplayer are hard to pin down, there's still a dedicated community playing, especially for Battle for Normandie. Online forums and communities remain active, and servers are often populated, particularly during peak hours. You shouldn't have trouble finding opponents, especially for popular scenarios.

As for Mac compatibility, CMBN unfortunately doesn't currently offer native Mac support, so playing against PC players directly wouldn't be possible without additional tools like bootcamp or virtualization software. That said, there are dedicated Mac communities playing through platforms like Parsec, so finding multiplayer action on Mac is still an option, just requiring a bit more setup. Hope this helps with your decision!-
I play all my CM2 games on a Mac natively without a virtual PC software. I own all the games and modules. I bought them directly from Battlefront and have done so since CM1. I use Dropbox and either CM helper or Whose Turn Is It and play against both Mac users and PC users.

CM1 unfortunately does not run on OS10. It needs to be played on OS9 which means an older Mac with a PowerPC chip. I had a PowerBook Titanium 800Mhz G4 chip which ran the CM1 games fine. There is a problem with a later edition 1Gz chip which rendered smoke very blocky and non transparent.

Hi Girls and Boys,
thanks to all of you who answered my question about CMBN. I bought the game and allready played against a PC user.
It works perfectly ...
Happy to be with you - Melammu

Back