Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

How stable is CMx1 with W10?

Wen I first played CM:BO (CMX1) on my 64-bit Windows 10 (Intel i5) laptop, I found the game unplayable. Panning was not smooth and the game loaded the 3D components very slowly. So slow that I thought the game hung. Later I discovered that I could speed things up with this:
1. hit Control-Alt-Delete
2. go to Task Manager
3. Apps
4. right-click and select "go to Details"
5. select game's exe (???.exe whichever CMX1 you are playing)
6. set the "Processor Affinity" of the game to only one CPU. I.e., check ONLY the "CPU 1" box.
Now the panning is smooth as silk and the game plays fast on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. I would have given up exploring CMX1 if not for these steps that I do everytime I fire up CMX1. Works for CM:BO, CM:AK and CM:BB.
Hope this helps someone. ;-)

Thank You very much, Frankie! I´ll test that in the near future. Would have be a pity if I had to give up on this.

Greetings

What also helps (at least in my case): when you have started the game and you see the game menu, hit "alt+tab". Or even de Windows key. The game minimizes, but when you then choose the game icon in your taskbar to restart it, the lagging problems are over.

Back