Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

I have a Problem

Can you not right click on the shortcut and choose "delete"?
Alternatively you can create a folder on your desktop called “Unused Shortcuts” or something and drag and drop them in to it.
But I'm no tech guru just a user so better ideas may be coming down the pike.

Is there a chance those are on the desk top background image and not actually shortcuts at all? Can you select them at all? Do they work if you double click? Can you place one of the working icons on top of it?

As far as I know there is not way to have a mix of icon sizes in a windows window such as the desk top or the file explorer.

Can you not right click on the shortcut and choose "delete"?
Alternatively you can create a folder on your desktop called “Unused Shortcuts” or something and drag and drop them in to it.
But I'm no tech guru just a user so better ideas may be coming down the pike.
I have tried that and I can't move them at all they seem to be frozen on there

Is there a chance those are on the desk top background image and not actually shortcuts at all? Can you select them at all? Do they work if you double click? Can you place one of the working icons on top of it?

As far as I know there is not way to have a mix of icon sizes in a windows window such as the desk top or the file explorer.
I can't move them at all they just seem frozen .... I can put the good larger ones on top of the dead ones

The desk top image might just be the answer I will check

Back