Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

It's time for a new title.

What CM game should I be getting next?

• Total voters
B

Blady

I love CMRT, and now that I've gotten into the rhythm of fitting a few PBEM battles in my daily routine, it's time to add another title to my collection. I love the Russian front (have already pre-ordered F&R), but there's only CMRT for that (would love to play with KV-1's and those early paper thin German armors again).

Since playing H2H completely broke single player for me (I just cannot stand playing against the AI anymore), what game should be next for me, and why? I will be buying the full pack, so including all modules (if any) in one go.

I´ve voted for CMBN , the good old reliable.

It´s not the eastern russian front, but i think it offers a lot. Gotta say its the most expensive out of all games i think with all its modules.

If you really like the eastern front you could try out Black Sea , the modern russian front.

Now, i understand the ww2 games are good, of them cmfi is my favorite because of the terrain and breadth of forces available; I am howerver here to argue that all of that is invalid because ww2<cold war so as that is an indisputable fact, wait just weeks and you can play the absolute greatness that is the cold war. Anyway it will also be the first game with updated multiplayer in june so that seems to be up your alley.

Steve has yet to bless us with an answer, it is a feature requested by slitherine before the steam release in june but the game is still coming out without it this month.

Now, i understand the ww2 games are good, of them cmfi is my favorite because of the terrain and breadth of forces available; I am howerver here to argue that all of that is invalid because ww2<cold war so as that is an indisputable fact, wait just weeks and you can play the absolute greatness that is the cold war. Anyway it will also be the first game with updated multiplayer in june so that seems to be up your alley.
I prefer WW2 myself and have little or no interest in the cold war or modern games. So make of that indisputable fact what you will.

I prefer WW2 myself and have little or no interest in the cold war or modern games. So make of that indisputable fact what you will.
My preference is also WW2. Especially earlier WW2.

I have, however, decided to wait until CW is out and give it a try (the demo that is). I liked the AAR of Bil and The_Capt, but I found it to be a bit vehicle-heavy long-distance and too little infantry fighting. I suspect I will go for CMFI in the end, which got the majority vote in this poll.

Thanks everyone for your input!

Agreed, early war stuff was what CMAK and CMBB my favourite titles in CMx1. Would really love to see either done again in CMx2 or... CMx3? :D

I don't have any interest in CM:CW at the time frame of launch, but immediate post-WWII to early sixties I'd definitely be up for.

I have, however, decided to wait until CW is out and give it a try (the demo that is). I liked the AAR of Bil and The_Capt, but I found it to be a bit vehicle-heavy long-distance and too little infantry fighting.
This is basically the reason why I'm not interested in modern titles. More and more focus on high tech long range weapons systems instead of the good old infantry.

Agreed, early war stuff was what CMAK and CMBB my favourite titles in CMx1. Would really love to see either done again in CMx2 or... CMx3? :D

I don't have any interest in CM:CW at the time frame of launch, but immediate post-WWII to early sixties I'd definitely be up for.
Yeah, exactly! I have such fond memories of '41 tank battles on the eastern front, with pzIII pea shooters against bt-7 pea shooters, taking for what felt like hours! :D

Back