Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

I've been tinkering...

The Borscht Wars ... a fictional campaign covering a war between two neighbouring countries, A People's Republic and a Militaristic Reich (named after the despots, uh democratically elected leaders, that will be running the show on each side) ... using CMRT - Russians vs Germans (like this as their units/tactics are so different) ... using the zone control map concepts from my Capracotta campaign ... not QB's this time, but units -- infantry units are company size, Russian armour company size, German armour platoon sized.
Armour-heavy for extra fun -- both sides will have equivalent of several brigade-sized battle-groups being mobilised as the conflict escalates.

DG826XB.jpg

Maybe just call it The Reich and the People's Republic..

It's not like Nazi Germany was called The Hitler Reich and the Soviet Union was called The People's Republic of Stalin :)

Also, what will be the benefit of holding the oil fields?

The disputed border area oil drilling rights are the source of the conflict -- will be explained in the elaborate back story to this war I have concocted. :D ... the red sectors are a "demilitarised zone" from a ceasefire from an earlier clash -- violation of this sparks this one.

Looks great @Rico ! How do you produce so many maps?
I find these multiplayer campaigns very appealing, but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep pace if I were to join.
Does each player have their own unit or force with continuity from one battle to another?

Looks great @Rico ! How do you produce so many maps?
I find these multiplayer campaigns very appealing, but I'm not sure I'd be able to keep pace if I were to join.
Does each player have their own unit or force with continuity from one battle to another?

It's a hobby -- keeps me out of mischief. ;)

The command assignments depend on what the CO would want to do for each side -- often it's easier to assign players as battle commanders as and when available and also opponents in compatible time zones to speed up play and maintain momentum.

Looks interesting indeed!

Have a bit of a full plate now, but I guess this won't start in a week or two; I sure would like to participate.

Back