Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Jonny's W.I.P Thread

J

Jonny

Ok so Earl Grey has his W.I.P thread for his mods so i'm starting one for my scenarios.

First up is me canabalising the valley lake map. I have extended it (with help from map converter) and turning it into an allied attack static operation. Going to fortify it to hell.

I think grand old duke of york would be a good scenario name, as the allies have to go up a hill, down a hill and back up a hill ;) Don't think i'll be able to fit 10,000 men on this map, i doubt CM could even handle that many men.

Click below to download map only version. All feedback welcome

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/FGMForum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1093&act=down (email me for the file, el06js@leeds.ac.uk)

The terrain is imposing for the allies to advance on a fortified position in depth.

attack.jpg

Ive just made the terrain a bit more imposing for the allies

valleylakeattack.jpg

I'm not sure if the germans ever actually dug in this hard during WW2, does it look realistic?

Below in the spoiler i'm giving a more detailed overview of my intentions for the defence, ive put it as a spoiler but even if you intend on playing this when it's done most of this should be in the briefing.

valleylakeattack2.jpg

The allied set up zone is going to be in the scattered trees in the valley to the south and the woods at the edge of the map, i'm going to leave the open ground on the hill free of a set up zone as anything placed there will get ripped to shreds straight away.

Ok so here's the key:

White: Areas to be defended by 1xCO plus support (assorted guns, MGs, Arty etc)
Black: Areas where i'm going to put skirmishing forces, tank hunter teams, FTs, LMGs.
Red Lines: New trench lines
Green: Pillbox strongpoints 1xPak40 and 2xMG
Blue: Future fortified zones

Theres 3000+ points on the map already and all ive bought is one trench system and Pillboxes and a few wooden bunkers. Not sure what to give the Brits to start with. Was originally thinking 2xCO but I think a full battalion at least, or possibly 2xCO with an engineer CO as i'm going to place some mines, quite a lot of mines i think.

Going to stick a full battalion in the regimental reserve with 70-80% casualties, on the premise that they had just took the hill the brits are starting on. Also going to give the brits a fair bit of armor, some nice HE chuckers and some shermans, probably with a few fireflies thrown in. Plenty of arty, conscript spotters with plenty of ammo for smoke, your going to need it to neutralise the pillboxes.

Ive got grand plans for this, not sure what I want it to play as, originally planed as Allies Vs AI but i'm not sure how well the AI will take advantage of the massive trench system with the limited forces, i'm sure a human player could handle it better but at the same time i don't know how well the AI could attack over this terrain. Plus it's going to be too big to reasonably play PBEM or TCP/IP, going to playtest it through as Allies vs AI when it's done though

Ok just wanna test my new photobucket pro account, see if screenshots come out any better.

atest.jpg

I just checked my PB stats, and ive had 24000 views in 5 months on all my files, thats nearly 5000 a month :O no idea they were being seen that often.

Back