Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Kampfgruppe Hedgehog: Mission 9

Attention Major @Hedgehog !!

Midnight, JULY 14, 1944
Weather: light rain, damp ground conditions

The situation is serious - the front on both our flanks has collapsed.
We are once again in danger of being outflanked by enemy mobile units bypassing us to the SW.
Army Group is abandoning Minsk and 12th Panzer Division has been ordered to cover the southern flank of the retreat.

Your orders are to urgently move across the only remaining wooden bridges across the Vydzenskaya River in our divisional area at the town of Uzda and proceed through the town to deployment along our deep southern flank. One bridge has already been destroyed by Russian bombers, but Pioniere have managed to build an extra temporary bridge as well.

There is a traffic jam at the bridges of retreating supply and Corps/Army artillery convoys and the town is under intense Russian harassing artillery fire from long range 122mm guns -- which gives you an idea just how close the enemy has pushed our covering forces during day.

You are to post a senior officer of your Kampfgruppe at the bridge traffic control point and have authority from Korps command to clear all traffic out the way and get your Kampfgruppe across the river and to the withdrawal zone as quickly as possible.

In addition, have a senior officer of your Kampfgruppe make contact with a heavy tank destroyer unit which is reported to resupplying in the far end of the town and take their vehicles under your command and order them to the withdrawal point as well.
They will only move once they have been contacted by yourself or an officer from your Kampfgruppe.

Your HQ command group has arrived at Uzda ahead of the rest of your Kampfgruppe which should follow you as quickly as they can -- the rapid night march has stretched the column somewhat.

Once again, speed is of the essence -- we wish you good luck in this operation commander, and hope your units come through this without significant personnel casualties or loss of vehicles.

@Rico Major Almost at the end of this skirmish, I have taken loses mainly in supply trucks, the Nightmare for
me was Arty action on one my Stugs immobilizing it on the bridge entrance, not to concerned as we
managed to get the best part of my equipment into safe areas .....Over and Out Sir

Roger that -- hoping to get all the KG's that have finished their battles back moving again this weekend.

I need another turn from you to complete mate

Done - -will do AAR a little later.

You didn't need to take all the trucks etc with you -- just clear a way fro your troops.

The one thing you didn't do, is take the Hvy Panzerjaegers with you (only one it seems) ... so they be with you at the enxt battle or arrive much later. :D

Done - -will do AAR a little later.

You didn't need to take all the trucks etc with you -- just clear a way fro your troops.

The one thing you didn't do, is take the Hvy Panzerjaegers with you (only one it seems) ... so they be with you at the enxt battle or arrive much later. :D
The heavy Panzerjaegers .....Do you mean the Nasnhorns ? I left two of them in a safe Green area on my Left Flank thinking perhaps that would cover for me into the Battle.....It now seems i was wrong you say they will follow later, might be handy I might just need them later into the affray

Back