Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ladder Game

Wow, that threw my whole defensive scheme out of whack..............great job!

Cheers. Ill hang around for one more turn,,,then i need to go out for 90 minutes and will be home for rest of day if you still around. I live in NZ so time zone should be fine its 11:20 am thursday here

Wow, that threw my whole defensive scheme out of whack..............great job!

Still long way to go, you still have a tight grip on victory locations and there is alot to try and take. Im sure there are some very hard core germans buried deep within your lines

Sure, I will let you choose the scenario/QB. I really put too much faith in my bunkers and mines and should have purchased more armor and troops.

Sure, I will let you choose the scenario/QB. I really put too much faith in my bunkers and mines and should have purchased more armor and troops.

Ok...We shall do same settings on same map..Ill just go defence, We all where all new one time and got a few whippings...It how u learn, best thing is you are sticking with it

I kinda just let the units fire at who they decide to fire upon.....should I direct them more, even though many of your units are opaque and I really can't see them?

I kinda just let the units fire at who they decide to fire upon.....should I direct them more, even though many of your units are opaque and I really can't see them?

Gotta go to work soon back in a few hour. If you like i can help you abit with this game and give you some really good pointers as in tactics and explain how to do certain things and there are probably alot of things you may not know that are are really important. Thats if you like...Many of my units are Opaque mainly as your troops havent identified them acurratley are arent sure what they are...as my armour etc gets closer and you get a better fix on it then it will be clearer

Gotta go to work soon back in a few hour. If you like i can help you abit with this game and give you some really good pointers as in tactics and explain how to do certain things and there are probably alot of things you may not know that are are really important. Thats if you like...Many of my units are Opaque mainly as your troops havent identified them acurratley are arent sure what they are...as my armour etc gets closer and you get a better fix on it then it will be clearer
Yeah, I would really appreciate any advice......I have read so many books on WW2 tactics, but I don't seem to be able to actually understand them and I can't effectively use them.

Yeah, I would really appreciate any advice......I have read so many books on WW2 tactics, but I don't seem to be able to actually understand them and I can't effectively use them.

Ok..Glad too..otherwise it can be alittle de-moralising getting thumped by all but newbie players....eventually you get better but takes along while i will see if i can help speed the learning curve up abit....When u really understand whats going on and have tactics the game is even much better as you appreciate what a masterpiece it is. After this i shall go defence on same map.....And you will see how to defend effectivley and i will give you some good advice on how to attack. I will give you my de-brief on defence and attack and on this game and just a few simple things you could of done to make life abit harder for me. We are all beginners at some point so dont worry its great to be dishing it out but you also have to learn to take it :) thats the hard part :)

If I knew I had a chance to play well that wouldn't be a problem; I love the game and I love all things WW2, but once in a while I would like to be considered good competition, not just canon fodder! lol

If I knew I had a chance to play well that wouldn't be a problem; I love the game and I love all things WW2, but once in a while I would like to be considered good competition, not just canon fodder! lol

Hahaha.....We have all been canon fodder at some point......Well i will share with you some of the things i do and how i think when playing which i think may help and shorten the learning time for you

Thanks Titan!

First thing..before you can do anything else...is be aware on how you feel...Feelings are temporary and making decisions when feeling a certain way can be dangerous .Example in a tense and tightly contest battle you have just had a key unit taken out and several squads just got mauled and if you are on the edge of your seat...dont plot your turn...Kick back for 30minutes cool your head down before you do your turn...Your judgement will be alot more rational and you tend to make better decisions...As in real life never try and resolve an issue or problem with anyone that is upset or emotional...Let them blow themselves out and cool down before you deal with them .....Defer talking to them as in "We shall talk latter about this" When they cool down you get a more resonable response. This game is the same...When things going bad slow down. Sometimes i find i have been getting my butt kicked....I always slow down between turns to think better, if you keep it tight quite often you will find your opponents is having the opposite emotion by winning and gets over confident and can get clumsy and you can punish him and turn a game around. Anyway before you can do anything else you need to be in control of ones self and relaxed when doing your turn..in every game there are always highs and lows and a lot can come down to managing yourself through those......Thats rule number one!!

That is a great point....I tend to get emotional when things go bad and I think I make them worse by making irrational decisions, but that has been me my whole life in the real world, so I need to work on this.

Back