Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ladder Game

That is a great point....I tend to get emotional when things go bad and I think I make them worse by making irrational decisions, but that has been me my whole life in the real world, so I need to work on this.

Cool...next time you feel emotional don't make decsions..simple!!!!..even sleep on it. Deal with shit when you have a clear head and feeling good. Dont deal with anything when feeling pressured or feeling upset or angry. Apart from real life it will help your gameplay too :)

That is a great point....I tend to get emotional when things go bad and I think I make them worse by making irrational decisions, but that has been me my whole life in the real world, so I need to work on this.

If it makes you feel any better, you're definitely not the only one. I keep telling myself "it's just a game, you're still learning" but man that just doesn't help much when you seem to just have horrible luck and the bad things just kind of overwhelm you. That happened to me very recently, and that bad feeling was compounded because it was happening in multiple games. I'll definitely take the advice @Titan gave, so thanks for that. :)

(y)
That's good to know!

You also need to cover your flanks...even an MG team or sniper or two would of given my infantry flank force going up your left flank some trouble...they had to cross alot of expose terrain and they could of at least slowed them down until other support arrives. Before you set up a defence spend 5-10 Minutes having a good look at the map...even go down to ground level and move around looking for small hills etc and have alook at the possible places your opponent can attack from. Even areas that are unlikely. Question your defence as in.. "What if he comes here..what do i have or can do" Dont be afriad to split some squads up to cover an area...put some on hid when defending so not to give all your postions away at once. Also very important depending on the size of the battle always keep a small reserve force up your sleeve...A platoon if u can (Veteran At least)with a light vehicle of some sort on meduim to small battles is good. Keep it well hidden and we back and placed somewhere well behind the lines out of sight. Just watch as an attack unfolds and find out where the hammer is going to fall, be careful you dont commit them to feint or small probes. Dont use them unless you need to as they can come in rather handy towards end of game...Nice fresh troops arriving in the last quarter can make a huge difference when getting among some worn out and spent troops. Plus an attacker that has been pushing his army hard for most of battle they are the last thing he wants his tired battle weary troops to take on, especially when there moral is wanning...And of course the affect it has on your opponent...just when they think they got it sowen up and now this...what does that do to ones head space. It affects there decision making process. Always keep something up your sleeve for end game

Last edited:
You have made very short work of my defense..............very violent attack, and very quick. I did learn something from this scenario at least! Awesome to watch how you worked, and methodically carved me up.

You have made very short work of my defense..............very violent attack, and very quick. I did learn something from this scenario at least! Awesome to watch how you worked, and methodically carved me up.

Cheers, Plan was to drive deep into both your flanks and then move in which would make it hard for you to redploy without comming under fire as i could hit your forces from a few angles as you can see i caught quite a few of your formations out of postion.....Then put some artillery down over your postions which would shake your men around and then assault your postions from several directions. When this is done im happy to play this as defender if you like

Absolutely......but just don't expect the same intellectual approach that you took...........I would be more like the Zulo warriors attacking the English, who have rifles while they have spears.

Absolutely......but just don't expect the same intellectual approach that you took...........I would be more like the Zulo warriors attacking the English, who have rifles while they have spears.

Hey bud unless you are planning a counterattack or have something up your sleeve....If you go to in game menu, u have an option to surrender if you think you a defeated, its optional of course we can play it to the end if you like as well but i....Its just that i cant seem to find your men they seem pretty good at hide in seek

Hey bud unless you are planning a counterattack or have something up your sleeve....If you go to in game menu, u have an option to surrender if you think you a defeated, its optional of course we can play it to the end if you like as well but i....Its just that i cant seem to find your men they seem pretty good at hide in seek
I clicked surrender as your Yanks thoroughly whipped my butt. Thanks for the lesson Vaughn!

Okay Vaughn, but don't expect anything like what you did to me the first game! Thanks!! I did learn something though, so that is a plus!

Vaughn, had to surrender.....you Krauts were kicking my Yanks you know what and I wasn't even close to any of the VL locations!! Man, it's like David versus Goliath, but Goliath destroys David!!!!! As you can see by playing me, my defense isn't my strong suit and my offence isn't either! So I have a very long way to go to make my game competitive. Thanks for teaching me these awesome lessons!!! :)

Vaughn, had to surrender.....you Krauts were kicking my Yanks you know what and I wasn't even close to any of the VL locations!! Man, it's like David versus Goliath, but Goliath destroys David!!!!! As you can see by playing me, my defense isn't my strong suit and my offence isn't either! So I have a very long way to go to make my game competitive. Thanks for teaching me these awesome lessons!!! :)
Study the Map before you set up and have a plan....In this case where your infantry assualt came in if you went abit further to edge of map you would of seen the hill rise up and then drop off, you would of been better sending ur troops down there as behind there you would of denied alot of my MG teams from hitting you. You should also detach several two man scouts from some squads you send them out ahead. to draw some fire or spot enemy.....Also if you get into a pickle get your infantry to throw smoke grenades and you mortars to fire smoke inbetween incomming fire and bug out. Also behind you scout team perhaps have a platoon moving behind them for support....Moving forward with what looked like two whole companys towards my postion in open ground wont end well....Only 2-3 HMG teams could really break that formation up at long distance.....Effective fire from rifle squads really drops off after 300 Meters.....HMG are abit like a Boxer with a long reach...they can Jab at you from a distance. Your infantry need to clear the way for armour....Moving your armour towards enemy postion like that will be fatal. In this case i had a panzerShreck team dispatch those two shermans once the got two around 160 meters. Your Infantry needed to clear that area before your armour got to close. Also before you moved up with inf it would of helps to have had your Mortars setup first which could of provided support fire hitting my postions when they started opening fire. Nothing wrong with your force purchase i thought that was good. Just tactic...you didnt have any. Spend some time next time you play looking at map even go down at ground level and look for the dips and rises that block field of view etc. Have a plan before you start. Makes all the difference and get a feel for the map

Thank you very much for the advice. Had a real good experience learning from you(although my troops didn't!).

Thank you very much for the advice. Had a real good experience learning from you(although my troops didn't!).
Cheers
If you review map you can click on my units and in lower left you will see how many kills they got...You will see some sniper teams racked up 30 Kills!!!! Not bad for a 30 point spend

Back