Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Latest Club News from Bootie

Yeah the new look is pretty neat!
Has the email icon under the avatar feature gone in this version of the forum I take it?

So, the latest forum software "upgrade" brought us both the loss of the popular "shoutbox" and the loss of the perfectly functional and well regarded ribbon system. Not blaming you, Shane. Progress is progress, after all. Can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, etc. Hopefully, in the future, we will see both former forum features in a newer, better implementation.

I know guys I know... we had to lose some stuff but to keep up to date with a supported system regarding security etc we would have to move on at some point to the new software and better to do it as early as possible or we may lose more stuff down the line. So losing functionality in some of our old modifications which will in time come back versus site security was a no brainer. The loss of the shoutbox and medals systems pains me more than you... after all I was the one that put all the hours in making it work. :)

Sigh, is there any way to have the chat area only on the forum page and not at the top of every post? Having it there makes it difficult to read the actual content of the threads because of the space it wastes and the scroll bar in side scroll bar frustrating experience that also happens (not unique to the chat box but a generic web UI issue).

Yes, I was one of the few that were secretly glad to see no chat box in the new forum :) but didn't say anything but now that it is freakin' every where I hope it can be put back in its place on the forum page. Please, please, please. :)

Cronjob's long vacation.
I fear that on his return he will leave an extensive list of the unfortunate.:2charge:
Yay, <Grabs Popcorn> bring on the cron-apocalypse :) I just Love watching Rome Burn don't you?

(Errr of course it's sad when people leave our lovely community, I do admit to looking forward to the challenging poetry involved :) )

Back