Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Latest Club News from Bootie

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi Guys

As you can see I have done a bit of pruning around the site. Like a tree over time it grows branches and like a tree some branches flourish whilst others wither and die. I have taken a step back and had a look at the site and felt it was getting 'over branchy' :) With that I cut away some areas and amalgamated them into existing sections. Not one post has been deleted as most of the work was introducing the current threads and topics into different sections. If you cant find a specific post use the search bar on the site to have a look for it.... most of the threads got amalgamated into the General Post section so there is a starter for 10 if your missing a post.

I have also decided that non-active members will be pruned... now since starting the FGM I have always swithered over what to do with the silent minority. I finally came to a decision today. if they don't log on at anytime over a 90 day (3 month) period they are dead wood and I just clip them of the site. That applies for all of us.. ok well not me so.... if you are of for an extended period at least log in once every 3 months to keep your account active.

POS is in the process of gathering up members pics from around the forums and posting them to the Members Gallery...

Ive also been thinking a lot lately about the tournaments and campaigns we are holding at FGM. I think we have diluted their strength by running too many.. it is a fine line to hold and I think we have over stepped on tournaments running... as such I have decided to cull one of mine which I didnt think was running as good as originally intended. When we dilute the competitions in my opinion it makes members pick and choose which ones they decide to interact with. I think I will hold of on allowing new campaigns just now because I feel ideally we would be best running Domination, 1 Campaign and however many small fun competitions such as Grid Wars, POS' shows, King of the Castle and such like. This will give the campaign the undivided attention of the players making them more likely to grasp the concept and become involved rather than them thinking Im doing rubbish in that campaign I will concentrate my efforts on this one.

We will see how this shapes up over time but that is my intentions for the way forward for the club. Comments, suggestions and feedback welcome.

It's when admen and spammers start sending their robots in that you know you've got a successful website ;)

Bootie -- good and valid points, especially keeping the membership trimmed to the proven active members.

On tourneys and campaigns -- I understand your concerns and disagree a little.
Domination has been FGM's greatest success so far, undoubtably.

On the other hand, the FGM has also been a really fun laboratory for tourney and campaign development and the BBB and Tag Team tourneys over last few years and POS's "quickie" tourneys now, have been very successful (if sometimes slowed down by the dead hand of "real life" and work...LOL) That said, campaigns are often rather experimental and after running their course for a while, either work or a better, improved version is developed (like NAC and Domination)

The Ardennes Campaign concept worked really well -- from all aspects such as command decisions with very challenging FOW conditions, simultaneous action/movements and battle group commanders maintaining units in the face of possibly crippling casualties while still achieving their objectives -- this tourney works in all aspect except it demands a HUGE workload and intense attention to detail from the TM.

I've had to put Ardennes on hold as life and work at the moment allows me to engage with CM and FGM in small time snippets -- usually on the side while doing other stuff :-(

I would not cut campaigns too far back, as for instance in NAC, at any point not all the players are active -- sometimes even as few as two out of a roster of over a dozen, who have to sit out for as long as a month at a time, even longer.

Ok gotta go -- more thoughts on this later :)

Guys

Today I added an 'Add This' button to the bottom of all the pages. This will help spread the word of the FGM.

Capture-29.jpg

Help your users share your content everywhere. Generate traffic back to your site and increase your site's search engine ranking.

AddThis helps website publishers and bloggers spread their content across the web by making it easy for visitors to bookmark and share content to their favorite social destinations. AddThis is served 30 billion times a month to 500 million people in over 50 languages, and can be found on hundreds of thousands of websites.

We I believe out do Gamesquad in style and professionalism. Looks like they finally took me off of being a moderator...LOL

I only went to Gamesquad to find CM opponents. Of the two I found there, neither one finished the game we started. I never went there for any social interaction and I haven't logged in for well over a year. The first real PBEM I got was with Ratzki at the Blitz.

..With all due respect Spike, you will always win because you play the most games..

I posted saying much the same thing on two separate occasions over the past 6 months and suggested changes to the ladder system to make it fairer for those who don't have time to play as many games, but Bootie and the rest of the club seemed to think it's fine just as it, their consensus of opinion seems to be that if somebody plays loads of games, he deserves to top the ladder, so I shut up and just got on with it.
I took a terrible hammering by losing 42 games this past ladder season (that's a loss rate of almost 2 games per week for 25 weeks) but I just kept punching like a beat boxer who don't know when to stay down and I ended up somehow winning 74, so maybe they think I deserved the overall ladder win, i dunno..
Anyway I'm taking a layoff for some R & R when the last Ardennes Firefight tourney game is finished soon, no more ladders for me for a spell..;)

"I'm a little wounded, but I am not slain,
I will lay me down to bleed a while,
Then I'll rise and fight again"
-John Dryden 1631-1700

Yeah difficult decision for Bootie, maybe it should go to a poll.

The gents pic captures the warm cosy 'gentlemens club' atmosphere of FGM perfectly and has always been popular with members whenever it's put in appearances over the past year or so.
Having it permanently in place like a flag at the masthead gives a feelgood factor because people can arrive home tired from work and log in, knowing it'll always be there for them, rock-solid, dependable, comforting.
In fact it's almost like a club trademark logo and focal point giving a sense of stability and permanence to the club.
My only dislike of it is that the rectangular black border is a bit too thick and heavy, there's a young woman in Lloyds Bank who cakes her eyes with mascara like that.

The switching banners were good too, but always took about 3 seconds to display on my screen, by which time I'd scrolled down to the forum and I never saw them fully anyway..;)
But even if there was no display delay, I'd still vote for the gents pic to be permanently nailed to the masthead in a poll..:)

Yeah difficult decision for Bootie, maybe it should go to a poll.

The gents pic captures the warm cosy 'gentlemens club' atmosphere of FGM perfectly and has always been popular with members whenever it's put in appearances over the past year or so.
Having it permanently in place like a flag at the masthead gives a feelgood factor because people can arrive home tired from work and log in, knowing it'll always be there for them, rock-solid, dependable, comforting.
In fact it's almost like a club trademark logo and focal point giving a sense of stability and permanence to the club.
My only dislike of it is that the rectangular black border is a bit too thick and heavy, there's a young woman in Lloyds Bank who cakes her eyes with mascara like that.

The switching banners were good too, but always took about 3 seconds to display on my screen, by which time I'd scrolled down to the forum and I never saw them fully anyway..;)
But even if there was no display delay, I'd still vote for the gents pic to be permanently nailed to the masthead in a poll..:)

Yes you know my feeling's on the Old Gentlemen, Good posting POS

Back