Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Looking for Help Learning QB

V

VonPlutz

Looking for someone to hop on discord with to walk me through some best practices with handling h2h QBs.

Been playing h2h scenarios so far.

I have FI and FB.

I was going to start a new thread, but it probably makes sense to just pile on this one.

I'm playing my first H2H QB with Ibex. He's crushing me, clearly, but our message exchange kibitzing resulted in some things that I hope others can chime in on.

It's my first time playing the Germans. Clearly, I should have played some QBs as the Germans first or requested to play the Allies. Are there any good resources for learning to play a given side in QB other than just playing a lot?

It's also my first QB, so I didn't know what I was doing on the force selection screen so I just let the computer pick my force for me. Probably not the best strategy.

Are there any good resources with regard to learning about how to build good force compositions for a QB?

I think building your force depends on what kind of map you're playing on and how you plan to win, or to avoid a big defeat in, the battle.

It can often be good to have on-map mortars instead of off-map ones as shooting at the enemy forces is quicker when using on-map mortars as the mortar teams can shoot by using direct fire (T-key). But off-map artillery can be good to have to cause damage on a wider area.

It can also be good to have at least a few teams of heavy machine guns to act as support during an assault on a spot of importance.

When it comes to the ratio of infantry and amount of armored vehicles, I think it often depends on the size of the map.

I'm sure other people can add more info to guide you.

Lots of playing is the best teacher
I personally might let the computer pick a starting force but extensively modify it so until you get something you like
A lot depends on the time period and side you are playing
In most WW2 games a solid infantry base, regular and fit with +1 leadership is a good start
On map mortars are nice but if I I am playing modern 120mm mortars off map are good
Dont spend all your points on a single uber tank, you will only cry when it cannot gets knocked out or it bugs before it reaches the front line
All my own humble opinion of course

Back