Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Members Past & Present

C
How did that taste broiled, with some cocktail sauce?
Don't Boil!!!! Steam it!!

cant remember how i did this particular one...but one thing with seafood is tastes so good on its own anyway you dont want to do to much to distort its natural flavour i either

1) steam it in a couple of inches of seawater if at around 5min per pound and then throw it into a sink of ice cooled water otherwise it will keep cooking and then after 20-30min hang it tail up for a good hour to drain the water etc out of it....Commercial people dont do this as they try to retain the water inside the crayfish to add weight/Value. put it in the fridge until cold and dice it up and have with a salad.

2) Cut it straight through the middle so you have two exact halfs and sprinkle a few herbs and olive oil or a noob of garlic butter depending on your taste but dont over do it and just grill it .
3) Or slice thin slices across the tail raw and have it as a sashimi with water sauce or oil that you like.
4)Throw the whole thing intact under some hot ash from the fire ( ive done this on the beach after a dive) dust off split in two and again a small noob of garlic butter to enhance the taste and its a beauty!!!

Two many people kill the flavour of seafood buy cooking in cheese sauces etc and it really destroys the pure natural taste....just a little of something to enhance is all you need.

There are many ways to do this but this is how i do either on the beach or on the boat....And of course always respect the cray or fish and euthenise first. With a cray fish a good 60 minutes in a freezer slows it down and puts it to sleep. Less stress for creature better it tastes.
Same when i spear a snapper or any fish dispatch straight away and then bleed the fish straight away makes a big difference in taste and flesh quality

C

Don't Boil!!!! Steam it!!

I didn't say boil, I said BROIL, you cunt.

cant remember how i did this particular one...but one thing with seafood is tastes so good on its own anyway you dont want to do to much to distort its natural flavour i either

1) steam it in a couple of inches of seawater if at around 5min per pound and then throw it into a sink of ice cooled water otherwise it will keep cooking and then after 20-30min hang it tail up for a good hour to drain the water etc out of it....Commercial people dont do this as they try to retain the water inside the crayfish to add weight/Value. put it in the fridge until cold and dice it up and have with a salad.

2) Cut it straight through the middle so you have two exact halfs and sprinkle a few herbs and olive oil or a noob of garlic butter depending on your taste but dont over do it and just grill it .
3) Or slice thin slices across the tail raw and have it as a sashimi with water sauce or oil that you like.
4)Throw the whole thing intact under some hot ash from the fire ( ive done this on the beach after a dive) dust off split in two and again a small noob of garlic butter to enhance the taste and its a beauty!!!

Oh, now you are going to tell me how to cook seafood? Is that it?

Well, actually, your recipe sounds pretty good. :)

Two many people kill the flavour of seafood buy cooking in cheese sauces etc and it really destroys the pure natural taste....just a little of something to enhance is all you need.

There are many ways to do this but this is how i do either on the beach or on the boat....And of course always respect the cray or fish and euthenise first. With a cray fish a good 60 minutes in a freezer slows it down and puts it to sleep. Less stress for creature better it tastes.
Same when i spear a snapper or any fish dispatch straight away and then bleed the fish straight away makes a big difference in taste and flesh quality

*Too* many people, not two. Learn to speak English you heathen.

Tell you what, come to East TN, and I'll treat you to some southern BBQ.

M.G.

Wow M.G. comes out swinging!!

I didn't say boil, I said BROIL, you cunt. Ochhh.....i am certain that has a different meaning in the US but calling someone a C....t down under would get you in trouble, pretty insulting which I am picking wasn't intended

Oh, now you are going to tell me how to cook seafood? Is that it? No i am not telling you how to cook anything, im not that good anyway just saying how i do my stuff that I caught in a kind of peasant style when not in a kitchen.

Well, actually, your recipe sounds pretty good. :)

*Too* many people, not two. Learn to speak English you heathen. What side of the bed did you get up on this morning :)

Tell you what, come to East TN, and I'll treat you to some southern BBQ. I have heard you people in the south where taught how to use a BBQ before you could walk....I am sure it would be great.

M.G.

Last edited:
As always. I'm not gonna quote all that but WTF does "pickling" mean?

Yea I meant no insult, except of course our usual insults.

Yes, "we people in the south" know how to BBQ as much as "you people down under" know how to, dunno, put "shrimp on the barbie"?

M.G.
Shrimps and prawns on the Barbie is for the Aussies as its hard for them to F..k it up its either with garlic butter or chilli sauce of some sort...not to much to think about, Us Kiwis however are a bit more sophisticated then the typical aussie, a typical kiwi summer BBQ is mostly Sausages of all varieties or a leg of lamb or a Pork...we do seafood on BBQ as well but not as common in the average house hold as the others, And of course we can multi task and knock down a beer or two while cooking

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mTk
Oh, ok, sorry. I didn't realize there was a difference.

I thought that might have been the case, Calling an Aussie a prick or a C..nt is insulating and if you would probably get you into a fight in some curcumstances..But i have heard Americans before say that so i had an idea

Lionel Messi (something similar) and I.. :D
0ev5Uv0.jpg

I was away for a bit but I guess Meat grinder should up his b(r)oil and challenging Titan for a lobster fight in CM.

I hope for you CM3 brings the Space Lobsters and you can do a QB with boiled space Lobsters facing off against broiled versions.

Back