Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Members Past & Present

Very cool photo, jby! :) And WELCOME to the FEW GOOD MEN! :)

What does "jby" stand for?

....and @Rico is from Austria and speaks fluently German and I break myself one up in English... LOL!!! :D

jby is sort of an acronym of my real name that I thought up when I realized that my usual BFC Forum name (Yossarian0815) was totally unsuited to being pronounced or understood over the microphone when playing frantic dropteam games.

@Rico: LOL!!! Great! Fully understood! ;) :D :p

@jby: "0815! is a German film/movie series of three films (each 90 minutes) with Joachim Fuchsberger and Yossarian is the protagonist of "Catch 22" as far as I remember it,
is that correct? Both anti war films. Was that your original idea of your nickname?

And "jby" is pronounced "jibby" - right?

But I still have no conclusion of how "jby" represents "Yossarian0815"... ?

It´s not that deep :O)
I started out with Yossarian, only to notice that there are a million other people using that name as a nick. Then I added 0815, which in german denotes "the usual" like John Doe in english. At the time I was only vaguely aware of the 80/15 Machine Gun story.
I then stuck with that because both parts of the nick have a WWII connotation, which I like being a WWII buff and having soldiers on both sides of the conflict in my family.

Everybody called me jaybeewhy online :O)

And the Y is also in Yossarian and there are two Ys in my surname. So maybe it is deep and full of meaning :O)

It was end of August - fast trip to visit my family in Berlin - I really like this city - but last time I lost my wallet it was pickpocket done by old German thief form Moabit - so Bootie be careful it is dangerous city.... with a lot of great and cheap shops ;) so look after your wife and your wallet ;) I m sure it will be empty at the end ....

@Bootie: Let me know if You will be there! We could meet for a short gathering if You want. But I have to warn You, Nathangun can sing a song about that, my english is very bad. Without a translator as Google´s etc. it can become real funny. Even more as the things I commit here at FGM :oops:

@mgk:: How do You know it was a thief german and from Moabit? Or miss I something here? :confused:

Greetings :)

Well - he was sitting next to me on the bench when I was busy with my kids - you know - water , food etc... and Berliner Police said my that it is common on Potsdamer Platz (next to Moabit quarter ;) - and they don't have CCtV there !!!!

I hope that will not change. The overall observing madness makes me sick. But that´s another topic. Interesting You know who theft You. Was he so an amateur that You recognised it immediately or what? That I don´t grasp right. Did the police catch him? Ok, that are much to many questions. In every case let me know if You are there again - and if You like to meet a bit! Maybe I have time to jump over for one or two moments.

that was old 65+ quite elegant man - I didn,t know when it happened - I just recall the men and when I checked my pocked (front trousers) my wallet was missing and I knew that he just left the bench - iI was just after little shopping so I am sure that it was him - fast old professional :9
I will call you next time but the same way you will make visiting Warsaw :) - we have the same quality professionals ;) but a lot more CCtV

Thank You! Will do that if the life should lead me there. Sadly the current "life planning" goes in other directions. But one never knows.

Me, my son Lautaro and my grandson Tahiel, this afternoon. -
DSCF2604_zps8e5afa05.jpg

Back