Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[MOVIE] Greyhound

What, in the world, is this?
Never mind. Looked it up.
Sort of Hollywood vs. North Atlantic.
Did it look like some of the CGI came right out of the game World of Warships?
Not sure if even Tom Hanks can save this one. And isn't he getting a little old to have credibility as a DD Captain?
Of course, they will get my money. Due out in May.

Last edited:
What, in the world, is this?
Never mind. Looked it up.
Sort of Hollywood vs. North Atlantic.
Did it look like some of the CGI came right out of the game World of Warships?
Not sure if even Tom Hanks can save this one. And isn't he getting a little old to have credibility as a DD Captain?
Of course, they will get my money. Due out in May.

I hope it doesn’t turn out as corny and World of Warships arcade game CGI as it looks.

From this trailer looks utter rubbish.

We watched it last night on Apple TV. I thought it was fantastic!!! No love story, no Hollywood ridiculous scenes, a straight up shoot out between U boats and destroyers. Hanks did a good job. The entire movie was Intense!

We watched it last night on Apple TV. I thought it was fantastic!!! No love story, no Hollywood ridiculous scenes, a straight up shoot out between U boats and destroyers. Hanks did a good job. The entire movie was Intense!

I said almost exactly the same thing in my review. No cheezy dialogue. No over-sentimental drivel. No romantic sub-plot to drag it down. And the CGI didn't bother me at all, I think because CGI can present a much more realistic image of a ship or a sub and the ocean than it can airplanes. Or maybe because Midway and Pearl Harbor had such absurdly unrealistic aerial sequences that the CGI looked x2 stupid. Anyway I thought Greyhound was great.

In 1965 "Convoy" didn't have much chance of securing decent ratings. In its 8:30 to 9:30PM slot on Friday evenings it had to compete with "The Addams Family" and "Honey West" on ABC and with "Hogan's Heroes" and "Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C." on CBS. What pre-pubescent young lad wouldn't rather watch Anne Francis instead?

1595733011804.png

Reactions: mTk
Yeah guys probably the biggest complaint about the movie is that its short because theres very little character building. Which is exactly part of reason why its so good and well worth watching. Overall still getting good reviews too. It's literally stripped down to the bone of just the Greyhound sailors and Cpt. Hanks on their first run over the Atlantic. In the critical 48 hr window with no air cover.

Only addition to the movie I would of liked to see is the training. (not character building) But just to show how good the training was because he seemed to be pretty good on tactics for his first run. (y)

Back