Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

My ass

1633531284494.png

Just for reference, it's also a valid point that China has three times more people than the US.

My problem with Greta is that they use this child to say the things that they want to say. They're using her, and now knowing she has Aspergers makes it even worse. She has good intentions I'm sure, but she's backed by big money (For obvious reasons). Buy this shiny new product now peasants.
Everything I wear is Berry compliant. Enough with the made in China shit, it's undermining the integrity of our security.

OH BOY, DO YOU REALLY THINK THOSE IN POWER AND WITH WEALTH WILL SOLVE THESE PROBLEMS.

Countries are pieces on a chess board, maybe china is a queen.

But the agenda of those at the top will continue to lead to a world disaster.

If you think mankind is in control of climate change, dream on.

What you will see is a continued push for a World Carbon Tax plan, and just ask yourself who is going to manage the great sums of money that will be generated by such a program and who do they represent and will those funds really go to solving the issue. Or will it be just a portion of the funds appearing to be used to try and solve the problems

Because it will be used to gain more power and wealth that goes beyond country borders and I dont think they care much for most of mankind.
So if the younger generation is weak and unintellagent and dont have the moral strength to stand up to what is coming , all the better in their view.

All mankind is on a path to great suffering, they dont know who the true enemy is. Hatred is abound, the younger generation may revolt for sure.

The problem is, they will be pointed to false enemies and I doubt that those that truely are to blame will be affected and will continue on.

I work for a engineering firm that most of our projects are about making the world a better place, trying to improve our air and water of this planet.
But I see the greed of those at the very top on a path to lead the world to a hell of its own. It goes beyond climate issues, and those in the art of making weapons of war are part of that top tier that its nothing more than a method for controlling the wealth of the world.

I will now go back to trying to be a normal person that tries to live each day enjoying life and forget about my pestimistic out look for the future

So I read that China produces 6 times the pollution output than the whole western world does combined. Yet they are "given" a pass in the Paris Accords because they are a "developing" country. Excuse me? They have a space program, nuclear weapons, bullet trains and stealth technology. Time for a worldwide embargo of China until they get that carbon number down.
Bingo.

I worked in China for a few months. The CCP doesn't care one bit what they put into the air or into their water. The air in Shanghai appears to shimmer with light. It is sunlight reflecting off of particles in the air. That was when you could actually see the sun..... Clear days were cloudy from pollution. You could look directly at the sun without hurting your eyes.

I went for a run when I was there and got sick. I almost never get sick. My company actually sent a doctor to my hotel room. He said my body was having a reaction to the pollution. The lymph glands in my neck were like little rocks. I would blow my nose and the substances that I secreted were black.

Water had a brown foam on it. The water smelled horrible.

This is the great untold story. Everyone just ignores the elephant in the room.

Agreed.

LOL yep.

Yeah, it sucks. I remember when the kids were small we always bought Canadian made clothing whenever we could. If we couldn't we'd buy US and if we couldn't we'd go for Mexico. As time went on there was less and less available to the point where finally we couldn't keep to North American at all.
when I was a kid a lot of stuff was "Made in Japan". Now it's all "Made in China" . I suspect in ten years it will be "Made in India" or Viet Nam or somewhere where people can live on a dollar a day.

This is the great untold story. Everyone just ignores the elephant in the room.
I agree that China is a massive polluter, but not that it's an untold story or that it's an elephant somehow hiding in the room...

And this is why Thunberg's jeers and sneers against world leaders are not really aimed at them. She knows they won't actually listen to her, even though some may pretend to. She is really speaking to her own audience - mostly young people who are or soon will be voters. And in that way, I think she has a very big influence.

She is seen, by anyone with any influence at all on global politics, as just a child, a loud, annoying child, which is what she actually is, IMO. She got her five minutes of fame. Do you think China gives two shits about Greta Thunberg's histrionics?

She is seen, by anyone with any influence at all on global politics, as just a child, a loud, annoying child, which is what she actually is, IMO. She got her five minutes of fame. Do you think China gives two shits about Greta Thunberg's histrionics?
I actually like the idea of professional politicians getting to sit down and listen to her stuff through a translator for 3 hours.

...and just maybe this generation have a point, that there's more to life than working 40 a hours a week (-- that was an invention of the industrial revolution -- was orginally even wores before workers unions came along) until you fall over dead for some corporation and enriching some billionaire 1 percenter... (because with the future gig economy, automation etc, very few are going to be able to retire comfortable in future)
Nothing wrong with working 40 hours a week, You can't expect the state to keep bailing people out because they can't afford things, what ever people think about rich people a lot of them started big companies making jobs so they can support them selves and there families, of course that's the general idea and the way of life,

Nothing wrong with working 40 hours a week, You can't expect the state to keep bailing people out because they can't afford things, what ever people think about rich people a lot of them started big companies making jobs so they can support them selves and there families, of course that's the general idea and the way of life,
As a 40hour worker myself I've learned that in countries like Finland the workweek is significantly shorter, as well as the amount of hours spend at school daily, doesn't necessarily mean they are less productive or learn less. Especially on the latter it seems the contrary.

I think it's funny she's able to make you so angry :)

As a 40hour worker myself I've learned that in countries like Finland the workweek is significantly shorter, as well as the amount of hours spend at school daily, doesn't necessarily mean they are less productive or learn less. Especially on the latter it seems the contrary.
Debateable I am thinking, it just seems like people don't want to work,

Back