Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

My latest project....

Nathangun

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
After reading through the forums of my favourite beer and pretzel Advance Tactics Gold (ATG) I read that it was possible to edit a save game, once edited, it becomes a new scenario.
Another post confirmed that it could be used for a strategic layer for a campaign. So I got to work on a CMFI campaign system.

So I started the game (the latest Phoenix beta version).

You can manually patch your Advanced Tactics game to the latest Open Beta Phoenix Version.

Note this is the patch for the MATRIX version! For the Steam version you'll need to enable the Steam Open Beta in the Steam interface (right click on the game in your library list and click Properties>Betas)

Now for you Matrix players:

https://www.vrdesigns.net/openbeta/Adva ... 40_061.zip

I started a new Phoenix Random game, once the scenario was created, I selected edit and began editing the Sub Formation files (STF's) and creating new ones.

So far this is the fruits of my labours.

7ThkZsn.png

In the screenie above there's a graphic for a German F.O. if anyone can get me one of an British/Commonwealth would be helpful.

Paratroopers:
QhoQA86.png
IwZkWK0.png

Fighters: (not my graphics, credit to Ormand in the matrix forums).
teXdwJu.png
bsWTBD0.png

Staff:
Ik2SX0M.png
5eKixYB.png

I began to build the TOE's straight out of CMFI, these will be the building blocks for any CM campaign.

In the ATG scenario editor, new units will be companys and HQ's will be Bn HQ's.

So I began with a British Reinforced Infantry Battalion (Brit R.I.B.)

3 x companies.
I've bungled all the squad and HQ teams as "rifles" so it easier to manage and easier to count the "Headcount" for CM scenarios.
There's enough slots to add LMG teams etc...

szmTwCN.png

Inf Plt:
06qUKMm.png

2 x Machinegun Plt:

pZUlW3P.png

Carrier Plt (recon)

DFygIMW.png

2 x Anti tank plt:

XIhgFOI.png

Mortar Plt:
GgFikuC.png

Poineer Plt:

QQq9Y83.png

There's a lot of work to get through still, each new weapon has to be given in game research data and production costs, which regime can/cannot research each weapon.
Then each tank type will also have to be done.

this looks pretty cool, any details how u wanna use it in campaing? im able to testplay if u need?

Back