Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Newbie fire-baptism

K

Kaunitz

Hello!

I'm looking for an opponent for my first CM multiplayer game. I have downloaded CM helper and I'm ready to go. For a list of WW II games/version I own please take a look at my signature. I'm ready to play any title as any faction (not that it would make any big difference for me anyway ^^).

I can offer to play a turn per evening pretty reliably. For set-up, please give me one or two extra days (terrain analysis, troop selection, planning). For the start/scouting phase, we could agree on a few more turns per day (time zone GMT+1, Vienna).

My preferences
Type: Quickbattle, preferably with dedicated roles (probe/attack/assault) - i will play any role
Size: small or medium (tiny would be okay as well)
Rarity: standard or strict
Forces: Mix or mechanized infantry - if mixed, we should first agree on the allowed number of armour (up to 1 or 2 platoons); arty and fortifications are allowed; units' soft factors might be changed if you do so desire
Duration 45 minutes/turns + would be nice (map selection accordingly)
Difficulty/Spotting: iron or elite
Map: medium or large, other parameters according to battle type (probe/atk/assault) and duration; 3D preview allowed; I'm not a fan of all urban environments
Conditions: Any weather, any ground condition, any lighting condition is okay for me.

Gentlemens' rule: No pre-planned (or any?) arty on the attacker's deployment zone.

If you're interested in beating me please drop me a PM or reply here. First come first served! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kaunitz

How about a CMFB QB set in January 1945, something with snowy conditions -matching our current weather here in Wien / München - and maybe some armour?
Which side do you prefer?

If you want, I could set something up and let you have a look. Btw, welcome to the FGM. :)
Or you could play me an get a victory...

How bout a CMFB QB set in December of 1944 with a heavy blizzard and nothing but infantry/mech infantry... you pick side... tiny, probe, 45 minutes, I can setup something with DB and CMHelper...

Watch out for @Mad Mike he is a really great guy... :kilroy:

Mad Mike! Sounds great! Go ahead! I don't care about the faction so it's up to you to pick one!

Sorry, Fredrocker, Mad Mike was first. If he leaves some parts of me over, we can meet in the blizzard afterwards! o_O

Ok, @Kaunitz, these are my ideas for parameters:

CM%20Final%20Blitzkrieg%2005.01.2017%2021_04_45_zpspcpx9jdh.png~original

I would play the German defenders. Could you tell me if this looks alright or if you would like any changes? Also, maybe you can propose a large map for us to play on.

The parameters are fine with me! I've checked the maps and out of the four that suited our setting (allied attack, 45 minutes, large), I think that "Rough-town (1040x960) 130a2" is most interesting.
Why does this feel like signing my death warrant? :D

How many tanks are allowed? Is 1 platoon (+command tanks) okay?

The parameters are fine with me! I've checked the maps and out of the four that suited our setting (allied attack, 45 minutes, large), I think that "Rough-town (1040x960) 130a2" is most interesting.
Why does this feel like signing my death warrant? :D

How many tanks are allowed? Is 1 platoon (+command tanks) okay?

The map looks good, agreed. :)

Also, 1 platoon of tanks is fine. For this size of battle, it wouldn't make much sense to get more anyway, at least in my experience.

Can you PM me your EMail address please, so I can send you an invite to a dropbox? I would then also do the setup / 1st file.
And don't worry, I'm not that good a player. I think you will have a fair chance for success.. ;)

Back