FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
1 game.
Other interesting things you won't see in CM:

Bullets and shells hitting the ground at a shallow angle, bouncing off.

Enemies surrendering by coming out with their hands over their heads (instead of you having to go to where they are..)

Deformable terrain - tanks compressing trenches as they go over them, and even smaller shells taking bites out of earth mounds around dug in positions.

Houses and trees -and sometimes soldiers - catching fire.

Captured enemy weapons. Russian SMGs in German hands, and German panzers sometimes (but rarely) being used by the Russians.

Bulletpoint

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
1 game.
Signal flares.

Night time illumination flares suddenly taking away the darkness you thought you could use to get safely across open ground.

Bulletpoint

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
1 game.
Has anybody had this problem?

You manage to get your infantry close behind an enemy Marder, but your guys refuse to just shoot the crew?

They should be completely exposed, but I have never seen them actually get shot. Even when the vehicle is completely swarmed with infantry.

Also, it seems there is a bug (?) where infantry will always throw their hand grenades too high so they just fly over the enemy vehicle?

Markojager

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Has anybody had this problem?

You manage to get your infantry close behind an enemy Marder, but your guys refuse to just shoot the crew?

They should be completely exposed, but I have never seen them actually get shot. Even when the vehicle is completely swarmed with infantry.

Also, it seems there is a bug (?) where infantry will always throw their hand grenades too high so they just fly over the enemy vehicle?

It happened to me, it's like they get that it's a "tank" so they don't fire as it's useless, but the IA can't see this oportunity.

I have not seen too many mistakes in the grenade thing, they are not that bad in the aiming IRRC.

Markojager

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Other interesting things you won't see in CM:

Bullets and shells hitting the ground at a shallow angle, bouncing off.

Enemies surrendering by coming out with their hands over their heads (instead of you having to go to where they are..)

Deformable terrain - tanks compressing trenches as they go over them, and even smaller shells taking bites out of earth mounds around dug in positions.

Houses and trees -and sometimes soldiers - catching fire.

Captured enemy weapons. Russian SMGs in German hands, and German panzers sometimes (but rarely) being used by the Russians.

Yeah, you could get quite realistic and cinematographics moments, as a tank on fire getting down a slope, by inertia and momentum, while the crew tries to get out in flames.

Bulletpoint

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
1 game.
It happened to me, it's like they get that it's a "tank" so they don't fire as it's useless, but the IA can't see this oportunity.

Even stranger, they sometimes seem to fire at the Marders from the front and sides, where the bullets just bounce off the arour, but they don't shoot from the back when it should be an easy shot at the crew...