Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Operation Konrad - Official Sign-Up Thread - CLOSED

I want to play!
Side:
Soviet
I am interested in being the German Budapest Commander: No
I am interested in being the German Team Leader: No
I am interested in being the Soviet Team Leader: No
I am interested in being a Reserve, if not an Active player:
No

Looking forward to this!

I want to play!
Side:
German
I am interested in being a Reserve, if not an Active player: No

I want to play!
Side:
German if no place left with german, soviet.
I am interested in being the German Budapest Commander: Yes
I am interested in being the Soviet Team Leader:
I am interested in being a Reserve, if not an Active player: yes

Last edited:
I believe I am still looking for a Soviet Team Leader.

Keep in mind that the Team Leader is ALSO a player, so you still get the play QBs as the Team Leader. I suppose they could be separate roles, if someone really wanted to just lead but not fight the individual QBs.

For each round, the Team Leader has to decide whether to reinforce certain Tracks with Reserve units, and with what units, or to pull reserves back to the pool for future use. The Team Leader may want to look at the 5 maps for the round to determine if there are particular advantages or disadvantages in so doing, and try to predict where the enemy will also be deploying reserves. PLAYERS will in turn decide which Battalion to use, among those available to them. Players and Team Leader fill out a Deployment Matrix and the GM (me) will then publish the final map for the round. All other aspects of setting up the battles will be done by the GM and the Players. The best Team Leaders will be those who understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of the Reserve units in play (their formations and vehicles) in the context of attacking vs defending, the weather, and the terrain (maps). Giving your best players the best reserves may also be a strategy.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Open to anyone who has not yet signed up - and those that have already done so: @Monty's Mighty Moustache @Cargol @Guardsman @Bleskaceq @Spoogles @Shady Side @jackal @dkchapuis @Drifter Man @Car88 @Gorst @Aurelius

I want to play!
Side:
German but I'm willing to play soviet too if need be
I am interested in being a Reserve, if not an Active player: Yes

I believe I am still looking for a Soviet Team Leader.

Keep in mind that the Team Leader is ALSO a player, so you still get the play QBs as the Team Leader. I suppose they could be separate roles, if someone really wanted to just lead but not fight the individual QBs.

For each round, the Team Leader has to decide whether to reinforce certain Tracks with Reserve units, and with what units, or to pull reserves back to the pool for future use. The Team Leader may want to look at the 5 maps for the round to determine if there are particular advantages or disadvantages in so doing, and try to predict where the enemy will also be deploying reserves. PLAYERS will in turn decide which Battalion to use, among those available to them. Players and Team Leader fill out a Deployment Matrix and the GM (me) will then publish the final map for the round. All other aspects of setting up the battles will be done by the GM and the Players. The best Team Leaders will be those who understand the relative strengths and weaknesses of the Reserve units in play (their formations and vehicles) in the context of attacking vs defending, the weather, and the terrain (maps). Giving your best players the best reserves may also be a strategy.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Open to anyone who has not yet signed up - and those that have already done so: @Monty's Mighty Moustache @Cargol @Guardsman @Bleskaceq @Spoogles @Shady Side @jackal @dkchapuis @Drifter Man @Car88 @Gorst @Aurelius
I am not sure if I have enough experience to take on that responsibility, but if no one else steps up, i'd be down for it. I suppose I am not going to get branded as a scapegoat and executed if we lose, right?

maybe if the teams are know the soviet team can choose there own ?

I want to play but also a bit busy, so put me in reserve given that there are plenty of signups. I don't mind which side if a game comes up.

Hello all-
A bit of delay on this. I’ve had to travel south to the ancestral Ping homestead and while en route the area was struck by a tornado. The Ping estate :) Is Ok, but without power. Houses one block away are destroyed:( . Amazingly no deaths in the neighborhood but cleanup is difficult.203175BA-AEBA-43C6-98EC-344B89F5ADF0.jpeg
C3EC28AD-10A0-4706-AFDF-9D5E45A59831.jpeg

Last edited:
oow dam good luck over there rebuilding stuff! afther that we can destroy stuff in hungary :devilish:

I want to play!
Side:
No Preference
I am interested in being a Reserve, if not an Active player: If I can't be an active player, I will take a reserve spot

Be not afraid of the fresh account, I've taken part in one of Nathangun's campaigns before and have now come back after an extended absence while life upended itself. Back to stability now and back on the forums at last, and I am so very eager for digging into another campaign

Back