Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[PIC GALLERY] Mishaps, Offbeat & Random Images

Jason Purnell, from Bristol, spent £1,600 on the battle scene to mark the 70th anniversary of the D-Day, in 2014.

The carpenter’s huge inking shows tanks and troops on a Normandy beach with Spitfire planes flying overhead.

AFA11.jpg

Two bullets that collided mid-air at Gallipoli.
aspitcut_zpsmas4pnbe.jpg

Aye DG, my lucky boots & yes the Afghan mud was hideous stuff, more so when the field had been recently irrigated.

You live, laugh and cry together.

So true! As the circumstances allow for very quick bonding with your Mates. Doc and I came in country at about the same time, so we were two green guys, who bonded quickly, as we knew each other only slightly more than a month when he passed. And my world hasn't been the same since. It took me 35 years, but I did find his family, and told them what a hero he was.

During one of my tours in Bosnia I lost a platoonmember who died of a heart attack. And I new a guy very closely who served with me in Afghanistan. He was KIA 1 year later. Stepped on a IED. Lucky for him he did not suffer. He was gone in an instant.

The only reason I can come up with for two sun dials on the tower is the position of the church in relation to the sun's position at different times of the day, so that you would be able to tell the time all day - anyone else got other ideas?

Not just every time of the day, but all year round, considering the sun doesn't go that far NW in the winter in this part of the world.

Phone boxes.........here's an odd one, located in the village of Guiting Power

P1020024-XL.jpg

Back