Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[PIC GALLERY] Trucks

Rusiia
mud4.jpg

mud3.jpg

mud1.jpg

mud2.jpg

The General Motors "Parade of Progress" was a large, multi-faceted road show that began touring across USA in 1936. A jet engine, radar, diesel-electric power, television, an electric ping-pong game with stereo sound, and a microwave oven were shown to amazed audiences.
The GM Futurliners, along with 32 support vehicles, toured USA from coast to coast taking the message of a wonderful technological future to the hinterlands.
TkrjneL.jpg

• Love
Reactions: mTk
A few of the trucks I've driven over the years.

V3BkwV9.jpg

K104, C15 & 18sp. Roadranger. Did Melbourne - Sydney overnight express for several years in this.

2ka7bqJ.jpg

2003 Peterbilt 379, C16 & 18sp. with 43ft custom built pan. Melbourne - Sydney work mostly. Best truck I've ever driven.

9Ig3nid.jpg

Day shot. Absolutely stunning.

Ee2yQQq.jpg

First job after moving out west, delivering liquid cyanide to mine sites.

PfvF9R7.jpg

608 with a double and dog general freight at Gwalia gold mine, just after 30mm of rain dumped down in an hour. The minesite gave us each a pair of gumboot which was nice of them.

3JM9qnJ.jpg

Same truck with a triple into Darlot mine site, full load of ground support so it was pretty heavy. Also had one of the locals hitch a ride on the trailers during the night, which was a bit of an adventure in itself.

TORbvp1.jpg

T909 with a return triple from Agnew gold mine. Second best truck I've driven.

hmTVKey.jpg

T904 with an acid triple, about to load at Kalgoorlie smelter. Heavy combination (140 tons/308,000 pounds). 7/3/7/4 roster, pay wasn't great but it was a cruisy job until we lost the contract.

qHE9yNR.jpg

T904 with pressure tankers loading lime for delivery to the gold mines.

ATbpp4n.jpg

Fuel quad when they were brand new (about a year ago), the Mercs didn't work out so they all got replaced with Kenworths recently. 165 tonnes/360,000 pounds.

ors3npb.jpg

My last ride, tough old girl on the Tropicana run. I do not miss that road, bloody goats track.

@mTk Well we do have a lot of straight roads out here, they're surprisingly maneuverable so long as you know where your trailer wheels will track!

A fully loaded quad at 80kph would probably pull up in around 200-300 meters. (around 650-1000 feet)

Yeah it's generally not a good idea :)

Out here it's pretty much just road trains, mining contractors, and grey nomads. Tourist season is winding down so even the caravans will be thinning out soon.

Animals are more of an issue than other drivers though, especially at night, cows and camels are the biggest problems.

Back