Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Play Testers Wanted for ASL to CMBN Scenario Conversions

Kandu

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello All:
Over the years I have converted a number of ASL scenarios to CMBN format. I have played a few of these once only with a friend who is seriously into ASL (I'm not). I would appreciate some additional feedback from the folks here. The scenarios have all be uploaded to FGM's scenario collection over the years and include the following: ASL11 Defiance on Hill 30, ASL 14 Silence that Gun, ASL94 Hill '112', ASL95 Attempt to Exploit, ASL301 The Clearing, ASL302 Stand Fast, ASLAP31 Cristot, ASLCH Le Port Filiolet, ASLT10 Devil's Hill. Of course these are nothing like the real historical events because they are in ASL format. If you are interested but cannot find them on FGM, let me know and I will Dropbox you a copy.

Hid Badger. They are exclusively H2H, being that they were ASL scenarios and I did not create any AI plans for them. Thanks for the question cuz you made me think ... maybe I should try to cobble together some AI plans when I have some time. They do play very differently than the ASL boardgame due to the scale of things.

Hello RichieRich: That's great, thank you. Now we just need a second volunteer. In the meantime, if you like, I can send you the scenarios via dropbox to have a look at. If you send me your dropbox email, I can set it up - if you want. I am at woud89@gmail.com.

@Kandu & @RichieRich, I'll step up if you need a hand. I'm working shifts at the moment so some weeks the timing with the US may only mean a turn a day, otherwise I'm pret
Hello DoubleD: I will add you to the dropbox that I have shared with RitchieRich where I have deposited the scenarios. Perhaps you and he can then discuss choosing one of the scenario and sides and then giving me feedback. Thank you kindly.

@RichieRich. There 2 scenarios that are 10 minutes long, ASL13 and ASL14. You up for playing those two scenarios mirror, I'm guessing they are pretty small and a place to start?

@Kandu. Several of the scenarios mention using the 'Basic Training' setting to emulate the ASL board-game. Is this the setting you want us to use to test the scenarios?

Thanks Double D. For feedback purposes, Double D, do you think we should play these as mirrored scenarios so we can both compare what we thought regarding play balance and such? Also, don't worry about turns per day, as I understand RL takes priority. Any particular scenario you want to try first? Kandu, I will certainly give my feedback to the best of my ability, but regarding any advice on unit additions, I am not well versed into the type of units I believe would make it more balanced; just my opinion on what I have on hand. Double D may be better suited to give you advice on unit additions, but unfortunately I am not the seasoned vet I wish to become, just yet.

Rich

@RichieRich. There 2 scenarios that are 10 minutes long, ASL13 and ASL14. You up for playing those two scenarios mirror, I'm guessing they are pretty small and a place to start?

@Kandu. Several of the scenarios mention using the 'Basic Training' setting to emulate the ASL board-game. Is this the setting you want us to use to test the scenarioBa
As you know, Basic Training makes everything visible like the boardgame. Where mentioned to do so, please try it. If it makes things unequal then we'll upgrde to iron or similar. Whatever you think is okay. Thank you.

OK, I've set up ASL13 and ASL14 with mirror games (I hope I got the Allies and Axis the right way round :LOL:), all in the same DB folder which I've invited you both to. The level is set to Elite, for both these battle the description doesn't state use Basic Training, most H2H games are played using Elite setting.

@Kandu, I'm happy to share my password for these games with you, so you can review the replays and ask any questions if you want. Up to you.

Back