Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Playtester for CMRT scenario (tournament)

Friedrich

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I am looking for the help from a playtester to do additional testing on scenarios I have created. I am planning to use these scenarios for a tournament.

They are for CMRT, platoon size - company(+) size with time limit between 15 and 45 minutes.

Optimal would be if the playtester has an average skill level, or even better below. I have already tested the scenarios with a very strong player and I did implement some changes according to his advices.

The playtests will be conducted in multiplayer against me.

The playtester will unfortunately not be able to take part in the tournament ranking, because the tournament scenarios will have to be played blind.

Last edited:
For my second tournament I am now looking for one or two playtester.

The first mission will be ready for playtesting soon. It will be a platoon size battle with time limit 15 minutes.

The mission is a bit unconventional for CM:

The supply truck that should have supplied your partisan unit had been intercepted and the crew has been captured. The Germans have brought the truck and the captured crew inside a tiny settlement.
You are a partisan platoon leader and tasked to recapture the supply truck and drive it into safety and liberate the captured crew.

Due to the failed resupply your unit is low on ammunition and to get ammo resupply for mission 2 you have recapture the supply truck and drive it towards the partisan base. Liberating the captured vehicle crew will give you a bonus.

The playtests will be conducted in multiplayer against me.

The playtester will unfortunately not be able to take part in the tournament ranking, because the tournament scenarios will have to be played blind.

Now that’s a little teaser, Friedrich. I’m already looking forward to this tournament and we’ve only just finished the first one :). Will you be taking this format to other theatres? CMFI has plenty of scope with so many different factions, but hey I’m getting ahead of myself. Can’t wait to play this partisan tournament. Hope the testing goes well (and fast :))

I will try to get the partisan tournament ready for this autumn and after that maybe a German CMRT tournament in spring 2024.
After that I will probably switch to CMFI.

But due to real life and the high amount of time needed to create and conduct a tournament I am not sure if I can create all this.

Hi Friedrich. Did you find additional playtesters for the new battles? How are they coming along?

hi friedrich still looking for playtesters? if i can help u out im okay with it but i also wanna do the campaing itself haha

Please excuse me Gentlemen that I had not been at FGM for over a month.

I already have an excellent playtester @Stafford, who had already very helpfully and successfully tested the Ivanov Tournament, but we did not start the playtest yet, because my scenario is still not ready for playtesting. It is nearly ready, but I did not continue working on the scenario for a while, because I had been busy.

I will try to get the first mission ready for playtesting soon and continue to work on the other missions, but I can not promise unfortunately fast progress. I am still hoping to get the new tournament running this year.

In the future I will probably need a second playtester to test the changes made in the first playtest. In this case I am going to post an playtester request in this thread.

The first playtest for mission 1 has ended. @Stafford suggested good improvements to make the mission winnable and I would like to test it with one or two new playtesters. The mission has 20 minutes and the playtester commands a Partisan platoon.

@jackal
I am going to write you a pm regarding playtest, but as you mentioned you would like to take part in the upcoming tournament, therefore I will wait to see if I can find a playtester who is not interested in playing the tournament, if not your help would be necessary.

Last edited:
The second playtest did show that bigger adjustments are needed to get the mission set up correctly.
I have implemented the changes and I need to test them with a new playtester who plays the mission blind.

Therefore I am looking now unfortunately again for a playtester. The mission is relatively short (20 minutes), so that the playtest can be finished within a few days.

Also I thinking about implemented core units for which I need more data regarding casualties.

Setting up Partisan style missions is more complicated than I have had anticipated.

short update:
I am still looking for a final playtester for mission 1.
Creating mission 2 has made good progress and playtesting will start very soon.

It looks like that the tournament, if everything goes well, can start at the beginn of European winter time, but as the creation happens in free time, there is unfortunately no guarantee.

Hey @Friedrich. Hope all is well. How is the playtesting going for the new campaign tournament? I assume real life has got in the way, but I’m hoping this tournament will be ready sometime this year. I look forward to an update.

Back