Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Question 403: see question (3 points)(See answer)

• Thread starter Dutch Grenadier
  • Start date
D

Dutch Grenadier

Alright I believe this will be a tricky one.

1: Identify this street?

2: tell me the raar story about the person who has a monument on his house in this street

3: there was a vehicle involved in this story. Tell me the name of this gevecht vehicle

I shall only anwser the person who has the all three questions correct.
There is a hint within the question. I shall give no further hints.

Good luck! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure the street name is Ein Bahn Strasse. During my one brief visit to Germany in the 80's I saw many streets named "Ein Bahn Strasse". This is probably one of them. :p

OK has this stalled or are people looking into this? I may have to give Dutchie a point for stumping all you lay a bouts.

Alright I shall then tell the clue that is inside the question

raar

gevecht

Remember I'm Dutch ;)

Long shot... is it something to do with Hitler? I think that's in the Meidling sector of the city which is the location of one of the Homeless Hostel's he stayed in between 1909 - 1913. Probably reason to have a plaque or something on the street.

Trying to think of Dutch Generals or what have you that got to Vienna but drawn a blank.

There are 2 words in my hint... Find them and you will have your anwser

Battle / Siege of Vienna? 1683.

raar = strange
gevecht = fight/struggle/battle

1. Jan Sobieski
2. Polish King coming to the aid of Austrians - which until then was not to be expected.
3. Battle of Vienna... the vehicle part gets me.... name of his horse? Was it Panzer? :p The Winged Hussars?

Alright sinc I already stumped you guys...

Question 1: is correct

Question 2: ??? I want more than just a name. I want his story

Question 3: ??? If you find th anwser of question 2 you will find the awnser to question 3

raar gevecht = strang battle (you are going well Ithkial)

Searched long, searched hard but came up with nothing. In what language do I have to translate the words "raar" and "gevecht" to find the answer you're looking for?

You could translate "raar" with "weird" or even "funny" too.

2. Jan led what is believed to be the largest cavalry charge in history including the famed Winged Hussars of Poland-Lithuania which smashed through the Ottoman lines and straight into the command tent of Kara Mustafa Pasha where much loot was found, including rare animals unseen in Europe.
3. The vehicle... this is the confusing part since there isn't much in the way of vehicles in 1683. Are you referring to the jeweled horse stirrup which Jon confiscated and sent to his wife. The stirrup's shape is also apparently the influence for the common Bagel after a Vienese baker made one in the shape of it after the battle.

Searched long, searched hard but came up with nothing. In what language do I have to translate the words "raar" and "gevecht" to find the answer you're looking for?

see post #16. I like a good puzzle so think "why would these 2 words be so importend?".

2. Jan led what is believed to be the largest cavalry charge in history including the famed Winged Hussars of Poland-Lithuania which smashed through the Ottoman lines and straight into the command tent of Kara Mustafa Pasha where much loot was found, including rare animals unseen in Europe.
3. The vehicle... this is the confusing part since there isn't much in the way of vehicles in 1683. Are you referring to the jeweled horse stirrup which Jon confiscated and sent to his wife. The stirrup's shape is also apparently the influence for the common Bagel after a Vienese baker made one in the shape of it after the battle.

nope :)

last and final hint... WW2

Back