Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Questions and queries

Hi!

I'm in the potential Russian Commander List..
I'm avoiding (for now) any access to other sections of this campaign to preserve FOW.
Is there any section available for Russian side ?

Hi!

I'm in the potential Russian Commander List..
I'm avoiding (for now) any access to other sections of this campaign to preserve FOW.
Is there any section available for Russian side ?

The Russian side is not active yet -- for the opening battles, I am handling all the initial battles myself until it expands into a larger number of battles.

@Rico Does this mean the german sign up is complete and there is only room on the russian side once you open it?

Thanks.

@Rico Does this mean the german sign up is complete and there is only room on the russian side once you open it?

Thanks.

Not necessarily -- german commanders might become casualties (they are included in every CM battle of their battlegroup) -- so we may need replacements as this expands.

If you are interested in later playing the German side, you can watch the German threads, but stay out of the Russian threads :)

Simple beginner question. For these FGM campaigns, does one make this map in Vassal or is it a Vassal module one selects? I searched for some explanation but didn't stumble upon it..

Oh, that is quite familiar. I fought 3 battles in that campaign. 2-1-0 was my record. :D
We also did Bulge '44 for a battle around Baraque de Fraiture (I WON! :D) and tried but did not finish a campaign using Caen '44.

how did you find using PzC as a method for playing out a campaign?

Once you have the steps down it went very smoothly. I hope to do a new campaign soon using Market-Garden '44.

PzC looks like a good choice for a CM campaign with it covering all of the CM WWII theatres. PzC also looks like the most straight forward method I've come across and least burdensome in terms of admin. But is that just wishful thinking on my part?

Just to check on the turn steps, did you play the turn actions out in this order:

1. Player 1 takes turn, moving units and carrying out any 'non-assault' actions on the PzC campaign map.
2. Player 1 plots 'assault' actions, but does not press the 'resolve assault' button. Instead he ends his turn and sends PzC turn file to player 2.
3. Player 2 watches replay of player 1's turn.
4. Assault battles played out on CM and casualties are incorporated in PzC OOB using PzC editor.
5. Player 2 carries out turn in the same manner as above (although must withdraw any units defeated in the CM assault).

Last edited by a moderator:
First let me say I am sorry to flood you with a ton of info....

There are a few sets of rules floating around based on the personal approach of the rules writer.
They evolved through trial and error but have more or less coalesced I guess is a good word for it.
Your steps are almost correct but it turns out that they (the guys really doing the hard GM work, I played PBEMs mostly) learned that the PzC assault could still be useful and even needed and you should not always skip direct to CM.

Here is one by "noob" who kicked off the whole concept in the BFC forums....
https://sites.google.com/site/cmpzch2hoperations/home

Here are a few threads to take a look at and possibly see the lessons learned of folks who have tried this using Panzer Campaign Caen 44, Sicily 43 and Bulge 44.

http://community.bat...operation-caen/

http://community.bat...-too-far-cmpzc/

http://community.bat...ration-axis-hq/

If you want I can share the charts which they agreed upon for translating "things" from CM to PzC and vice versa.
Disrupted in PzC = what in CM? For example.

You are a smart cookie and I know you can run with the ball so just take this and make what you wish but those threads and a few cups (pots?) of coffee reading through them could help you see the flow as a GM. And I know all the guys and if you need me to get you in touch I can ask them....

No problem, the more info the better.

We're going to use Noob's rules as a basis with some modifications. It's a shame Noob didn't continue with his Caen camapign. From what I gathered he decided to pull the plug on it because the Victory Locations were too close together? I can see why only two nearby VLs would have been to the detriment of the campaign, so I decided to add some extra VLs to maker better use of the campaign map:

Screenshot%2041edit_edited-1.jpg
[/URL]

One other questions regarding admin. Do you know if editing the PzC OOB mid campaign, in order to take account of casualties, will be reflected in the game as the turns progress? IE headcounts etc will be lowered?

Just seen your latest reply. The charts would be very useful. If you could share them it'd be much appreciated!

PS maybe we should use conversation so we don't end up taking over Rico's thread?

Yeah I think Market Garden would make for a good campaign. Not too many units and lots of CM maps

Back