Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

RECONQUISTA -- FOG: Medieval 1v1 Campaign

The Aragonese attack to lift the Siege of VALENCIA ended in a hard-fought DRAW...

reconquista new 11Ch C.jpg

This leaves VALENCIA "contested" and battle is resumed there in the Muslim Impulse of Turn 11, while the Siege continues.

The Muslim side has ONE Initiative Point to hand, but saves it for a possible attack in the next turn to counter any possible moves by Don @chiquichops in the last turn, should the battle in Valencia go against us.

reconquista new 11ChMus A.jpg

The battle for VALENCIA ends in the narrowest of Major Victories for the Aragonese -- lifting the Muslim siege.

reconquista new 11ChMus B.jpg

As it stands, at the start of TURN 12 (the final turn -- see map below) the Campaign is a DRAW... it's been quite a see-saw affair.

-------------------------------------------

VICTORY CONDITIONS

CHRISTIAN MAJOR VICTORY: Capture all Muslim Provinces

CHRISTIAN MINOR VICTORY: Capture and hold all four of Sevilla, Bajadoz, Toledo or Valencia OR capture any two of the former AND Granada.

MUSLIM MAJOR VICTORY: Control all Muslim Provinces as at start of the campaign

MUSLIM MINOR VICTORY: Control Sevilla, Bajadoz, Toledo & Valencia and all provinces south including Granada.

-------------------------------------------

For this TURN, @chiquichops has ONE Initiative point to use in what will be the final Christian attack of the campaign.

reconquista new 12Ch A.jpg

Great! At least I get a last attack in. It's been a great campaign, lots of fun.
I'll go for Toledo from Valencia, one last province for the Christians. No allies this time either.

The Christian attack into TOLEDO ended in a Minor Victory for the armies of Aragon, placing the province under SIEGE.

As the last move in the campaign, the Muslims attack VALENCIA -- if we manage to capture it and get a lucky Siege Roll for TOLEDO at the end of the turn, we might still squeeze out a Minor Victory.

Waiting for @chiquichops to see if his Aragon defenders are using allies -- then we can set up the last battle.

reconquista new 12Mus A.jpg

No allies. I hope we hold out here. After all these years of hard campaigning, it'd be a blow to lose in the last turn.

The Campaign ends with a crushing defeat for the attacking Muslim armies in VALENCIA -- well played @chiquichops (ably assisted by some idiotic tactical decisions I made early in the battle :rolleyes: )

TOLEDO also falls to the Aragonese besiegers.

Final result for the campaign is a DRAW.

It's been a fun and challenging campaign -- thanks to @chiquichops for being an awesome opponent.

Time to look into adapting this dynamic campaign system to another theater ... thinking of Italian Wars 1499 - 1500 ... French against Holy League of Italian States and Holy Roman Empire.

reconquista new 12Mus B.jpg

Yes, this has been a great, easy to play, campaign. I was happy to go.out on a high, that last battle involved an all-out epic cavalry charge in true Reconquista style. Unfortunately, we didn't get to Granada.
Well done @Rico for the idea and thanks for the campaign. The rule tweaks really worked out well, they kept it balanced.
I'm definitely in for more campaigns along these lines.

Back