Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

RECONQUISTA: FOG Medieval Tourney

Yes, I was saved by the infantry being so solid. The skirmishers softened your knights up too though and distracted them away from the fight.
Nice battle @Rico , thanks.
Are the knights of León an unstoppable force? Will they steamroll the berber rabble on their glorious ride into Granada, jewel of Al Andalús?
Boabdil, last Nasrid ruler of Granada, rode into exile in the Alpujarra. He turned around for one final, distant look at the city– sighed, and burst into tears. His mother, betraying little sympathy for her vanquished son, is said to have told him: “You do well, my son, to cry like a woman for what you couldn’t defend like a man.”

Yes, I was saved by the infantry being so solid. The skirmishers softened your knights up too though and distracted them away from the fight.
Nice battle @Rico , thanks.
Are the knights of León an unstoppable force? Will they steamroll the berber rabble on their glorious ride into Granada, jewel of Al Andalús?
Boabdil, last Nasrid ruler of Granada, rode into exile in the Alpujarra. He turned around for one final, distant look at the city– sighed, and burst into tears. His mother, betraying little sympathy for her vanquished son, is said to have told him: “You do well, my son, to cry like a woman for what you couldn’t defend like a man.”
Yes, the cavalry fight sucked my knights off to my far left, opening a gap between them and the infantry and I was unable to get back to support as they were tangled up.
The cavalry engagements are always messy and unpredictable.

Looks like the Moors did pretty well across the board this turn... luckily my Leonese have God on their side :D

Ready to kick off TURN 3, where the Muslim forces start counter-attacking.

LEON as the track having advanced furthest will have to fight off a Muslim attack on SALAMANCA.
If LEON loses, it will have to re-fight the battle to capture SALAMANCA -- if LEON wins, they can attack BAJADOZ next turn.

PORTUGAL has another go at capturing PORTO, while CASTILLE and ARAGON still struggle to get out of the starting blocks in BURGOS and BARCELONA respectively.

reconquista turn 3A.jpg

TURN 3 BATTLE SETTINGS
Portuguese (1155 - 1199) vs Andalusian (Murcia) (1155 - 1172)
MAP: Mediterranean Wooded
Battle Type: Open Battle
Battle size: Medium

Either player can set up.

TURN 3 BATTLES

BATTLE 1
: PORTO- @Rico VS @Nelson1812

BATTLE 2: (Muslim Counter-attack) SALAMANCA - @chiquichops VS @Wellsonian

BATTLE 3: BURGOS - @Nelson1812 VS @chiquichops

BATTLE 4: BARCELONA - @Wellsonian VS @Rico

cD2ZGIp.jpg

After a gruelling (yet fun) battle versus @Nelson1812 , my armies of Portugal were victorious and captured PORTO with a 64 - 47% victory.... virtually all that was left was my mounted knights at the end, but they did the job... just.

reconquista turn 3B.jpg

TURN 3 BATTLE SETTINGS

TURN 3 BATTLES

BATTLE 1
: PORTO- @Rico VS @Nelson1812 -- Winner: @Rico

BATTLE 3: BURGOS - @Nelson1812 VS @chiquichops

The fight for Burgos is getting down to the nitty gritty after several turns of skirmishing and minor clashes. This might come down to a contest between mounted knights.

The third battle for BURGOS concludes with another Muslim Victory -- the advance of the forces of CASTILLE is still stuck at the first hurdle.

reconquista turn 3C.jpg

TURN 3 BATTLE SETTINGS

TURN 3 BATTLES

BATTLE 1
: PORTO- @Rico VS @Nelson1812 -- Portugal Victory: @Rico

BATTLE 3: BURGOS - @Nelson1812 VS @chiquichops - Muslim Victory: @chiquichops

Back