Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Recording CM Battles

D

deno30

I've done some experiments with trying to record combat mission battles. The problem is it's very hard to align the camera after each turn and i often to make mistakes. It actually reminds me of working on an electron microscope with the coarse and fine adjustment knobs.

Ideally, I'd like to record battles. The problem I'm having is getting an overlay to work with CM, so I can line things up. Like this.

http://imgur.com/a/mts7Z

Anyone got any solutions for getting an overlay of a box to work in CM ?

The weird thing is my Nvidia framerate thing works fine.

There is no way that I know of of fixing the camera to a specific location as it is either free roam or locked to a unit (which will move)

I think the best workaround to this is to have the image fade out as each turn ends and fade in at the start of the next. This will at least smooth out the transition so that the image doesn't appear to 'snap' every 60 seconds.

I mean I think if I could get a box to show up on the screen or tape a cutout onto the screen, then I could align the turns and make it look contiguous. I've watched what hapless does and me and programmer friend tried to make a box show up. Like those custom crosshairs that people use in CS. BF just really doesn't like anything on the screen but BF.

Back