Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Research & Development Company

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Please sound off if you wish to be included in the R&D company. There are no technical prerequisites, just an interest to learn and a passion to develop new content.

I would like some further details before I don a lab coat :)
Is this to develop missions, mods or something else?

This is all about scenarios for FGM. Rather than each of us work separately, possibly even on the same thing, we can achieve more as a group sharing knowledge. I'd see us learning more about MCC and Alive for dynamic stuff. Possibly combining this with the editor. Bootie's put some good stuff together and it would be good to learn from that as well.

I think we need to start developing a story line and missions soon interest is dropping off?
Let me know how I can help.

I have been playing around with the editor... Hell everytime I go to play I get shot in the first minute... so I figure try something different.... I will look at the editor even more now...

Also been playing Iron Front... which I seem to do better at, so been trying to develop better playing skills within that game so that the jump to ARMA III wont be as drastic as jumping right in....

So @Spear my interest level is high, just haven't made many appearances yet

Jester814 stuff on youtube is good. He shows how he builds missions using mcc sandbox then has another video of the operation.
I've been using mcc in SP missions, to practice using it and to add spice.

Here's jesters video building the mission:

and here's the video of the mission.

Not sure if any of you played the 'showcase' mission for ALIVE called 'Alive Foursome'. It's playable in SP mode.

Last edited:
Give me a storyline and I can make the missions. I'd quite like to have it modded a bit.. perhaps using the ARMA2 maps with Taliban etc. A change of scenery would be nice.

The maps are on the server so are available to use. Is there a FGM dropbox that we could use to put the missions to upload to the server?

I'd like to help. It might be a good idea to start a 'tips and tricks' tread on building scenarios.

Sounds like a good idea, feel free to kick off a thread.

Perhaps someone can kick off a storyline?

The issue with MODs is getting them on the server and working. I have the functionality to upload along with Spear, not sure if you can still do it Bootie? They also need to be tested to check they work and added to the MOD list with clear playwith six names for everyone to have available at the time of the op.

None of this is a reason not to start to develop some scenarios to use, we just need to get the above done at the same time.

I do hate to be a pain in the ass but can you get those mods on Armaholic? PlayWithSix auto updates and that has been playing hell with me lately.

Disregard.

Last edited:
Anyone able to help learn about how to create and host playwithsix mod repositories? I've tried working through YouTube and the playwithsix instructions but I'm not technically skilled enough to understand to get it to work. It would be great if someone with more competencies could work out how we can create mod repository links. I'm OK to manage ongoing but will need some document instructions for dummies, or basic training or something via webinar.

Drop a note here if you'd like to help, thanks.

Back