Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Roman Civil Wars - FOGII Mini Campaign - ROUND 5 - Concluded

An epic struggle between my Romans and @Rico's Goths. After a fair bit of manoeuvring on my part to position my legionaries on favourable ground, first contact was made with a massive Cav fight on the right. The aftermath you can see in the image below with the dead horses on the top right. Whilst losses were heavy on both sides, Rico's cav have achieved the upper hand.

On the left I've managed to keep Rico's smaller cavalry contingent in check so far.

In the centre, my legionaries formed up on the slope looking across the valley at the warband on the hill opposite. Then we advanced. The initial fight did not go well, it was an uphill battle which proved unfavourable. One of my main legions routed quickly and the other mediocre legionaries and auxiliaries followed suit. Most of the warbands then followed the retreating Romans back into the valley and up the slope where I had initially formed up, but have the warbands over stretched themselves? As they approach the slope my reserve auxilliaries and archers are waiting for them in the rough ground.

It's pretty even....and great fun!

Screen_00000075.jpg

Well it was very tight up to the last round but a couple of rallies and charges in my favour made our final score 70 to 49.

There’s hardly anyone left on the field.

Well played @Rico , this was an extremely enjoyable game.

Well it was very tight up to the last round but a couple of rallies and charges in my favour made our final score 70 to 49.

There’s hardly anyone left on the field.

Well played @Rico , this was an extremely enjoyable game.
Excellent fight -- that final score doesn't reflect how close it was the whole game :)

GOTH attack into ASIA province beaten back after a brutal battle by the GREEN faction.

Roman Civil War Round 4B.jpg

ROUND 4 ATTACKS:

BARBARIANS:
ASIA (Goths) -- @Rico vs @Josey Wales -- GOTH Defeat (-21%)

GREEN: SYRIA (Sassanids) -- @Josey Wales vs @chiquichops

RED: GALLIA -- @Nelson1812 vs @Badger73

BLUE: no attack

----------------------------------------------------------

ARMIES:

ROMAN: Romans (197 - 284AD)

FRANKS: Frankish (260 - 495AD)

ALAMANNI: Germanic Foot Tribes (260 - 592 AD)

GOTHS: Germanic Horse Tribes (260 - 492 AD)

SASSANIDS: Sassanid Persians (224 - 349 AD)

Last edited:
I believe @chiquichops is getting the upper hand as his elephants and cataphracts tear into my legionaries and auxiliaries. Should be all over in a few days.
I really thought I'd been outmanoeuvred and drawn out of my defensive position too early but the Roman cavalry is soft and the cataphracts are hard. I think I might have the edge again but it's a close-run thing.

The GREEN attack into SYRIA is repulsed by the SASSANIDS -- suffering a 35 -64% defeat.

So only battle result outstanding is the RED attack into GALLIA -- @Nelson1812 & @Badger73 -- battle back on track?

Roman Civil War Round 4bb.jpg

ROUND 4 ATTACKS:

BARBARIANS:

GREEN: SYRIA (Sassanids) -- @Josey Wales vs @chiquichops -- GREEN Defeat (-29%)

RED: GALLIA -- @Nelson1812 vs @Badger73

ARMIES:

So only battle result outstanding is the RED attack into GALLIA -- @Nelson1812 & @Badger73 -- battle back on track?
Completed 5 turns. Both of us busy with Christmas activities over the weekend but should move along more quickly now. I am not receiving email notifications when it's my turn so I lag a bit in getting back to my computer.

The RED attack into GALLIA has been repulsed by BLUE, who live and fight another round. :2charge:

This concludes Round 4.

Roman Civil War Round 4bbb.jpg

ROUND 4 ATTACKS:

BARBARIANS:

GREEN: SYRIA (Sassanids) -- @Josey Wales vs @chiquichops -- GREEN Defeat (-29%)

RED: GALLIA -- @Nelson1812 vs @Badger73 -- RED Defeat (-17%)

ARMIES:

We're ready to kick off the final ROUND 5 -- with the Barbarians leading with +3 points, GREEN & RED tied as Roman factions at +1 each... and BLUE hanging in there with -2.

Here is the sequence of attack orders:
1. BARBARIANS (+29%)
2. GREEN (+21%)
3. BLUE (+17%)
4. RED (-17%)

Random die roll determines that SASSANIDS attack GREEN in AEGYPTUS.

@Josey Wales -- you're up next with your attack order.

Roman Civil War Round 5a.jpg

ROUND 4 ATTACKS:

BARBARIANS:
AEGYPTUS (Sassanids) -- @Rico or @chiquichops vs @Josey Wales

GREEN:

BLUE:

RED:

ARMIES:

Back