Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Shooting in Paris; bad one

• Thread starter Bert Blitzkrieg
  • Start date
B

Bert Blitzkrieg

What can you say about this? I might remark that Allah can't be that great if there are mere men who think they need to avenge him.

It's awful ... as a fellow editorial cartoonist this kind of thing hits hard ... good to see French standing up to this assault on their laws, rights and constitution.

I may not agree with the tone and methods of what I have seen of the magazine ... but will defend their right to express their views.

To quote Salman Rushdie:

"I stand with #CharlieHebdo, as we all must, to defend the art of satire, which has always been a force for liberty"

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

B6wbPC0CEAIpsaq.jpg

The Jihadist must have new leadership because this is a brand new strategy. I'm surprised it took this long for them to figure it out. Its clear to me their leadership has a better understanding of western democracies than their predecessors.

As for chest thumping by the French about their laws, rights, etc. its nothing but short lived bluster. The only thing editors in western media in Europe and the US will be doing is telling their staffs to steer clear of anything related to Islam for fear of an attack on them.

Guess what , folks? Jihad is working in Europe and the success of this attack will certainly advance Islam's cause.

Wyoming I think you're giving the bastards to much credit for calling this a 'new strategy.' One incidence doesn't necessarily mean there's a brand new grand plan afoot. If further attacks against other media outlets (especially non satirical mainstream media organisations) then yes I think you have a point. Until then this appears to be one off.

If multiple media organisations are attacked like this and as a result commentary about Islamic extremism tapers off from other media for their own safety then yes I agree it's a new strategy and one that is very dangerous for the values of free speech and free media. This is where governments need to step up and protect all media/press freedoms in their countries.

Wyoming I think you're giving the bastards to much credit for calling this a 'new strategy.' One incidence doesn't necessarily mean there's a brand new grand plan afoot. If further attacks against other media outlets (especially non satirical mainstream media organisations) then yes I think you have a point. Until then this appears to be one off.

If multiple media organisations are attacked like this and as a result commentary about Islamic extremism tapers off from other media for their own safety then yes I agree it's a new strategy and one that is very dangerous for the values of free speech and free media. This is where governments need to step up and protect all media/press freedoms in their countries.

I agree ... freedom of speech and satire and the right to offend are the oxygen that keeps democracy alive and breathing.

Looking at the media and social media storm it has unleashed ... I think as a strategy it has probably backfired.

What is much more dangerous as when in the face of terror attacks democracies start limiting constitutional and legal rights and social liberties of their own citizens in the name of fighting aforesaid terror ... then the bad guys start winning.

I dont think there is an easy answer to any of this... in my opinion it is a downward spiral that will see us all become involved or be affected by it.

The population of western countries will become increasingly anti-Islam for the simple fact that with each atrocity their fear is being fed.

Muslims will be tarred with the same brush because they arent coming out in numbers to weed out the bad seeds within their own religion.

Far right parties will gain power and before we know it there will be fighting on the streets as different cultural communities clash.

For those that say close the borders, withdraw our troops and let them fight it out themselves just look at the gains ISIS made before international intervention. if that continued how long before they gain weapons of mass destruction and point them to the west.

Is there ever going to be an answer?

Think Bootie is right. Already a mosque in France is attacked with a molotovcocktail and in my own country the rightwing populist party demands a debate in parliament about this, stating "we are at war with islam".

In a general sense I quite agree with you, Ted and Shane. It's a controversial debate, ISIS and the so called "patriots" are in dispute with the rest of infidels, but they are still keep on pursuing all the not-so-aligned muslims in their country.
They are getting stronger and their propaganda it's a real danger for us. A massive international intervention could be the solution, but it can lead to an escalation of the conflict we are trying to avoid.

What gets me, they leave their homes to start life in a new world, then they want to change their new world into the one they just left. Well if it was so idyllic, why'd they leave in the first instance?

What gets me, they leave their homes to start life in a new world, then they want to change their new world into the one they just left. Well if it was so idyllic, why'd they leave in the first instance?

I think it's often 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants who often get alienated and resentful by unemployment, instutional racism and bad living conditions in crummy high-rise neighbourhoods outside large French cities ...they then look for a sense of belonging and purpose -- similar to gang culture I guess, just with a fanatical religious bent -- fertile recruiting ground for the extremist orgs.

Hi The Good men.
I am French, it is heartwarming to see the world supports (and yours) to our country whose core values are under attack...Thanks guys ... the barbarians never triumph of Liberty ...I am Charlie...WE ARE CHARLIE...

Guys one has to know what his enemy believes first and to do so would require one reading their books. I have been doing so with the Koran and Sahih Al-Bukhari ( a summery of the Hadith) and here is a tid-bit of info to enlighten you chaps. I will provide capture and verse for those of you who don't have copies of these great pieces of shit!

1] Muslims are the best of people(Qur'an3 :110) and Jews and Christians are the worst of creatures(Qur'an 98:6)!

2] Out of the Book of Drinks (Al-Bukhari) Capture 1-1934
a] Men are not to wear silk ( I guess it's to stimulating LOL)
b] No alcoholic drinks ( No wonder these Muslims are so ready to commit suicide... take a way my Bourbon and watch out)
c] No use of musical instruments ( this explains why they can't sing either)

3] Capture 9 do not breath into a vessel while drinking water ...( darn it they figured out how not to drown)

I can give many more if you guys with but I believe we all know that ISIS and other groups are just doing what their faith teaches to the letter. As I read and study their teachings I am often shaking my head in disbelief ...one would have to be smoking some good stuff to buy into this. My good God and He is does, not require silly acts from His followers and I will state here that their god and my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ are not one and the same, not even close.

We in the west better start calling a spade a spade or we will be needing spades to bury our dead.

Back