Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Shutting down CM:RISK campaign due to lack of interest

As I predicted -- this has completely stalled as players are preoccupied with RT - a situation that will probably continue for several months.

So far, all I got in was ONE team's orders an extra week past the original one-week deadline for new orders -- which kind of flags to me lack of interest in continuing this tourney.

Also at the tired of chasing up players and limping it along like some walking wounded, so closing this baby down for the moment.
A real pity after all the work that's gone into it.

That's a pity, very sorry to hear.
Please take into account that it is Easter time - a mayor holiday here at least were many people are two weeks on holiday. That may have caused some additional delay.

That's a pity, very sorry to hear.
Please take into account that it is Easter time - a mayor holiday here at least were many people are two weeks on holiday. That may have caused some additional delay.

I have ... but compared to all the activity with players on Rikonovo and all the RT stuff like Domination, there has been absolutely NO comms or messages or activity from ANY teams except yours.
As far as I can tell, no diplomacy either... so, dead in the water for now.

Also, what is the point if I put in all this work and then have to run after players to get their stuff in ... should be the other way around if there was interest.

Better to put it out of its misery now.

Understood... I will close the area down... thats the things with tournaments... it is a bit hit and miss. If its a hit great... if tis a miss its look putting your family pet down for the creator. However I do think your time will be better invested in your Rikonovo style campaigns... the format suits the club a lot better in my opinion and is by far your greatest export. :)

I will close the area down this evening.

I'm also sorry to hear even if I did not take part on this. I'm working on a new concept based on another famous boardgame. I hope that it will have the interest.

@Rico Also gutted to hear you are shutting down the Risk campaign, it is the only one I always thought was chugging along with a set of players - otherwise I would have been asking to be a standby!

Appreciate as you say the work that goes into it (and I think everyone can tell). So yes its poor when one falls by the wayside.

I wish there was a better way to share the burden, but I guess we all have limited amounts of 'spare time' and sometimes we have a chunk and sometimes it dries up as rl takes over. All we can do is try and keep the campaign structure strong and the player involvement (although key) as something others can pick up (like the game passwords in the OOC)?

Absolutely understandable. This was a massive amount of work you have put into this campaign and we, the players, have failed in our duty to keep this alive. Sorry for that from my side.

Sorry to hear this and I had a wonderful time playing Dr Evil. But I understand that people lost a little interest with RT.

Thank you for your time in putting it all together.

Thanks for all you did to return fun to the game of 'Risk'. I've been playing it for over 50 years, and your creation has given me a few more fond memories of fighting over that map.

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of my Da, 3 brothers and I fighting for Supremacy on this map. Today, the memories are of my 'Brothers by Choice' and I battling.

I see how some Campaigns sort of die a slow death. Even if I am not involved with them I try real hard to follow the action and turns from day to day. But most of the time it becomes more of a chore to follow and decipher what is actually going on. No fault of any players or GM's but a result of the story and campaign building and growing. I think lots of people lose interest even the ones playing. Just my opinions.

But....I really enjoyed this one that Rico came up with and am calling for a petition to resurrect this bad boy. I am far from qualified to help you or even give pointers on streamlining the rules. But with the emergence of several other members starting and maintaining new campaigns maybe they can throw in their 2 cents on how to improve upon what you built. What does everyone say?

Just a thought, but whilst some campaigns seem to rely on the efforts of one dedicated individual (or Rico as we call him at the FGM), perhaps what would work is simply a hosted set of simple rules, and the players in the campaign take a turn each in an agreed order to administer the turns. Any game disputes could be either addressed by a democratic vote, or handed to a higher gaming authority (or Bootie) as we call him for a decision?

I have enjoyed being part of the many different campaigns, but am still looking for something more realistic - we do after all tout ourselves as the club where war gaming and history meet, but I will post again on this in a new thread to see if there is any appetite for this amongst the players.

Just a thought, but whilst some campaigns seem to rely on the efforts of one dedicated individual (or Rico as we call him at the FGM), perhaps what would work is simply a hosted set of simple rules, and the players in the campaign take a turn each in an agreed order to administer the turns. Any game disputes could be either addressed by a democratic vote, or handed to a higher gaming authority (or Bootie) as we call him for a decision?

I have enjoyed being part of the many different campaigns, but am still looking for something more realistic - we do after all tout ourselves as the club where war gaming and history meet, but I will post again on this in a new thread to see if there is any appetite for this amongst the players.

Yes -- agreed -- the way it's looking with my spare time for the rest of the year so far, it'll have to be something that basically runs itself.

QB battles for a start ;)

Yes it is a Shame when all this prep goes to waste......When you did the Tournaments with the old games they
did seem more straight forward like moving through the rounds until we came to a Final, the new games do
involve maps and squares, lay outs and all sorts of prep.....This alone must take up no end of time.....I would ask my self
do we need all that Prep with maps, hexes .......with real life issues in mind perhaps that might be the way to go ?
@Rico @Bootie

Back