Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Soldier's Fury DAR

Paleolithic Monk

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Soldiers Fury 1.JPG

This DAR will cover a new battle between Greyfox and myself. The scenario is titled Soldiers Fury and was created by Jason Carter. It was originally designed for CMSF1. It required the Marines module.

I have selected the USMC and will be attacking the small town of Rilaf. The background information centers around a reconnaissance section consisting of 16 Marines traveling in 4 HMMWV’s that was ambushed by insurgent forces. It is unknown how many, if any Marines survived. However, I have been tasked to lead an assault to clear the town of unconventional forces and rescue any surviving Marines.

FRIENDLY FORCES-

Marines 3rd Battalion, A Company, 1st Platoon (Dismounted) (57 total Marines)

Company Command Team (CPT Mortensen) (3 Marines)

FIST (Fire Support) Team (2 Marines)

1st Platoon Command Team (2LT Rudd) (2 Marines)

1st Squad (13 Marines)

2nd Squad (13 Marines)

3rd Squad (13 Marines)

M240G MG Team A (4 Marines)

M240G MG Team B (3 Marines)

Mk 153 SMAW Team (4 Marines)

SUPPORT-

1 AH-1W Super Cobra attack helicopter on station

ENEMY FORCES-

Unknown strength of unconventional forces supported by suspected technical trucks. Small arms.

MISSION-

Straight-forward assault on Rilaf (MOUT) to secure 3 identified government buildings (objectives) and search for surviving Marines from the ambush. Clear, Secure and Search.

This battle terrain shows the small size of the objective area. The town of Rilaf consists of several single and multi-story buildings and is flanked by 2 main roads, designated Route Blue and Route Black. The three government buildings, designated objective 1,2 and 3 respectively are the tallest structures and are the suspected holding areas for any captured Marines.

INITIAL PLAN-

From a covered position outside town and behind a low, rock wall, 2nd and 3rd Squads, along with the platoon leader will directly assault along the URBAN APPROACH axis. Their mission is to gain a foothold in the town, bring support teams and begin the assault on government building 1.

1st Squad along with the company commander will advance along the HILLSIDE APPROACH axis to clear the left flank and secure the trenches of enemy forces. Their attached SMAW team will set in a blocking position to deny the enemy vehicular access down ROUTE BLUE.
Soldiers Fury 2.JPG

Soldiers Fury 3.JPG

Soldiers Fury 4.JPG

Soldiers Fury 5.JPG

Captain Mortensen gives final guidance to the fire support team (FIST) in regard to use of the AH-1W Super Cobra. Absolute restriction on aerial fires on the 3 government buildings.
Soldiers Fury 6.JPG

The push to secure a foothold along the URBAN APPROACH begins with suppressive fire on government building 1.
Soldiers Fury 7.JPG

Phase 1 of establishing a foothold is set. Several teams have cleared the initial structures without causalities. A single HQ team was eliminated on the first floor of government building 1. Vehicle sounds were heard, but no visual yet. 1st Squad is still clearing the left flank and the HILLSIDE APPROACH.
Soldiers Fury 8.JPG

3rd Squad conducts breaching techniques to secure a foothold.
Soldiers Fury 9.JPG

1st Squad’s attached SMAW team sets up in their blocking position to cover ROUTE BLUE.
Soldiers Fury 10.JPG

First confirmed technical, armed with a recoilless rifle spotted on the opposite side of the town.
Soldiers Fury 11.JPG

The first few minuets of the battle and 1st Platoon has securely established a foothold in Rilaf. So far the only friendly causality has been SGT Roby, 3rd Squad leader. Government building 1 has been secured. While 2nd and 3rd squads push the second row of buildings, 1st squad, A team has reached the trench line. A small fighter group was encountered and they were treated to several hand grenades. Unknown enemy causalities, but the trench will be cleared by the rest of the squad.
Soldiers Fury 12.JPG

Soldiers Fury 13.JPG

Another small combatant group was discovered in a building near government building 1. Members of 2nd Squad cleared them out.
Soldiers Fury 14.JPG

Last edited:
Tactical update. +5 minutes.
Red explosions mark firefights with enemy forces. Yellow explosion is probing fire on government building 2.
1st Platoons clear and advance is going as planned.

1st Squad has cleared the trenches. Eliminated a 3 man fighter group.
2nd Squad is securing the lower left corner of Rilaf and covering ROUTE BLUE. In addition to the unconventional units encountered so far, they engaged a HQ unit of Syrian regulars, advisors perhaps?
3rd Squad is set in a temporary strong point to see if any enemy fighters counter-attack. Their attached SMAW continues to cover ROUTE BLACK.
The FIST has called for the AH-1W Super Cobra to conduct an attack run as marked by the light blue circle (7-9 minutes out)

Vehicle noises could be approaching technicals.
11 confirmed enemy causalities, plus other possible to 1 Marine causality.
Soldiers Fury 15.JPG

Members of 1st Squad engage the spotted technical with small arms fire. A few well aimed rounds hit the windshield and the truck withdrew quickly.
Soldiers Fury 16.JPG

The other members of 1st Squad finish clearing the trench line of fighters.
Soldiers Fury 17.JPG

SGT Moffitt, M240G team leader looks for enemy targets after emplacing his MG team on a rooftop. The 2 dominating government buildings are marked with red arrows.
Soldiers Fury 18.JPG

Combat Mission really is a detailed game with intricate details in the graphics. It really does look good.
I'm running my machine on GeForce GTX 1080 TI and instead of a computer monitor, I'm using a 50" 4K UHD TV I purchased on sale. Cheaper than a good monitor and looks great to me. Really makes CM pop!

Tactical update. +10 minutes.
1st Platoons clear and advance has stirred up a hornets nest! Enemy resistance has increased substantially. Friendly causalities are increasing.

1st Squad has advanced to the far left flank, but are now being engaged by 3 technicals (marked by the red arrows).
2nd Squad is securing the lower left corner of Rilaf and covering ROUTE BLUE. They are in a blocking position until after the aerial attack is complete.
3rd Squad has pushed forward into ambush alley and took several causalities. Their attached SMAW continues to cover ROUTE BLACK.
The FIST has called for the AH-1W Super Cobra to conduct an attack run as marked by the light blue circle (2-3 minutes out)

20 confirmed enemy causalities, plus other possible to 8 Marine causality.
Soldiers Fury 21.JPG

3rd Squad advances to probe ambush alley. B Team took point and was completely wiped out by small arms fire from two buildings.
Soldiers Fury 22.JPG
Soldiers Fury 23.JPG

A Team, 1st Squad is under fire from a technical mounting a medium MG, while C Team is engaging another technical with a heavy MG.
Soldiers Fury 24.JPG
Soldiers Fury 25.JPG

The Marines of 1st Platoon continue to eliminate enemy combatants, but not with out paying a price.
1st Squad, A Team has made it to the buildings on the far left/ rear flank and engaged a small fighter group, wounding most of them, but not before they took out 3 Marines from C Team.
Soldiers Fury 26.JPG

In better news, the technical mounting the RR was hit by SGT Moffitt's MG team, killing the gunners and forcing the driver to flee. *Note the creepy hand prints on the door, not sure I want to know what's inside.
Soldiers Fury 27.JPG

The Super Cobra just radioed in, it is lining up for its attack run!

3rd Squad, C Team picked the wrong alley to move through! Not sure if it was mines or an IED, but I took 2 casualties.
Soldiers Fury 28.JPG

So my attack helicopter mission didn't work as expected. I was receiving radio calls for about 2-3 turns from the pilot and the FIST was yelling "Get down, here he comes!" or something like that. 1 random burst of gunfire hit the other side of the map then nothing. This last turn there was a lot of loud helicopter noise like an attack run, but no shooting or rockets?
When I called in the mission (9 min delay for the attack) my observer was in a building behind government building 1. He had no eyes on the attack area, so this last turn I sprinted him upstairs to maybe get a better look. Did that cancel the mission or something?

The fighting in Rilaf is getting tougher for the Marines!
Since the attack helicopter was a bust, 2nd Squad continues to move into the center of town.
Soldiers Fury 29.JPG

1st Squad, along with the Company command team, is also advancing along the left side of town. They don't make it. A hiding fighter team attacks and wipes out the CPT Mortensen and his team along with the entire B Team. 7 Marine causalities for nothing.
Soldiers Fury 30.JPG

Current casualty figures are, 22 Marines wounded/dead or about 38% of the force compared to an estimated 32 insurgents wounded/dead. Getting grim.

Back