Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Solitaire games

jobu88

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
The recent explosion of solitaire board games has been great fun. Back in the day I had B-17 Queen of the Skies, which was fun but frustrating as I never got past 12 or 13 missions. Today there's an entire industry of solitaire games, some more fun than others but all imaginative and fairly easy to play. Interceptor Ace and American Tank Ace are two that I picked up recently. Another one is Don't Tread On Me, the American Revolution and you play as the British which is interesting. And all the "Leader" games -- Sherman Leader, Zero Leader, U-Boat Leader, Gato Leader are on my shelf and there's lots of others. One recent game that looks intriguing is Lanzerath Ridge, very tactical level defense against a German attack during the Bulge. Especially if you don't have human opponents nearby the solitaire games are a great alternative.

One I just picked up and really like so far is Aces of Valor, a WW I air war game. It's kind of like the old American Heritage game Dogfight, but with more realistic rules. Not meant to be a realistic depiction of air-to-air combat, just a fun and quick-playing game.

I have several of the Leader games, they have branched out enormously and now include Sherman Leader and its German counterpart Tiger Leader, U-Boat Leader or Gato Leader, Corsair Leader, Zero Leader, B-17 Leader, Warthog/Apache Leader, Stuka Leader, Hornet Leader, and I'm probably forgetting one or two. In my experience the Leader system works well for air or naval games, less well for land warfare games but still fun.

Back