Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Strategy Game Studios - Anyone know of them ?

Bones26

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I recently came across a series of titles created by Strategy Game Studios and being offered on Steam and in particular one title "SGS Korean War" caught my eye. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this particular title, the game studio itself and / or any of their other wargame offerings?

I copied this from their website: The Strategy Game Studio (SGS) has been founded by Philippe THIBAUT (designer of the boardgame Europa Universalis and the Ageod series) and other veteran wargame players and designers. They have acquired a license to the source code of a digital game named Wars Across the World (WAW) which gave them access to most base functions for a strategic and operational (not tactical) wargame engine.

Most key aspects of that engine were extensively and widely modified, as well as a great number of graphics and UI elements. The goal is to create a generic but flexible tool, complete with code and game editor, to allow the design and production of games, with a focus on the history years from 1850 and later."

Cheers !

Back