Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

StuG III/IV Camouflage Patterns

E

Earl of Grey

The following are color profiles I've been collecting for years. They were taken from various sources and have either been found on the internet, donated by friends or scanned by myself which explains the variying quality.

Some notes beforehand:
- The most obvious mistake a lot of artists apparently make is mistaking dusty road wheels to be painted in RAL7028 Dunkelgelb. Actual color of those road wheels depends primarily on time of manufacture.
- I'll sort the profiles after units and have one post each for all respective vehicles. That way, I can always add new profiles should I find some.
- These patterns are historically accurate to a big degree (else they wouldn't be posted here). They can thus be used for modelling or wargaming purposes without second thoughts. (For interpretation of colors see below.)
- I tried to get unit, place and time correct for every profile, but that isn't always possible. Please don't regard the captions as 100% accurate, rather as 'very likely'.
- The colors shown in these profiles are not the historical colors of the respective vehicles but only an aproximation/impression of the respective artist. The general color placement of the three colors is usually correct (as far as it can be determined), hue/saturation etc. are not.

If you have any further questions (because I might have forgotten something), feel free to ask!

9.SS-PzDiv

stugIV_01.jpg

- Normandy, August 1944

stugIII_09.jpg

- Arnhem, September 1944

1.SS-PzGrenDiv

stugIII_01.jpg

- Eastern Front, spring 1943 (this vehicle is most likely painted in RAL7021 with irregular patches of RAL8020)

Your profiles are an immeasurable help to the modellers here...keep up the great job!!!

3.SS-PzGrenDiv

stugIII_07.jpg

- Kharkov, March 1943

stugIII_08.jpg

- Kursk, July 1943

15.PzGrenDiv

stugIII_04.jpg

- Sicily, August 1943

stugIII_03.jpg

- Germany, March 1945

InfDiv "Großdeutschland"

stugIII_12.jpg

- Eastern Front, June 1942 (this vehicle is most likely painted in RAL7021 with irregular patches of RAL7027 or RAL8020)

StuGBrig279

stugIV_05.jpg

- East Prussia, September 1944

stugIV_06.jpg

- East Prussia, September 1944

Back