Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Tank Hunter Teams

Do you use Tank Hunter teams? Is there a difference between countries teams?

• I never battle without a team on my side

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Only purchase them if I have extra points

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Would never use them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They ae a waste of points

• All countries are the same

• One country has better teams

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Do you use Tank Hunter Teams...how often?
Is one country's teams better then another?

As far as I recall the Soviet early war TH teams have molotovs usually, which means they are useless at taking out anything other than open-tops. As they will always throw the cocktails before they resort to grenades.

Later they get improved weaponry, but may still come with molotovs? Which again may be their first choice of weapon still?

German TH teams are generally better, but once sherks appear, I don't bother them. Maybe I should, as some of the hardware they tote certainly takes out tanks. And with 2 MP40s they can pack a bit of close range punch in the woods, providing good scouting units.

Early on, Russian AT rifles are okay for HTs and thin armour. And can provide a nuisance factor.

German TH teams are the best since they are equipped with 2 smg's and a large variety of AT-weapons. Panzerfausts, Panzerwurfmine, Hafthohlladung and grenade bundles.
Russians TH teams are armed with 2 smg's and Molotovs and get RPG AT-grenades from 1943 onwards(If I remember correctly). Even late in the war RPG's are rather rare.
Finnish TH teams are armed with 1 rifle and 1 smg, Molotovs and grenade bundles. Finns get Panzerfausts in early 1944 but they are extremely rare until the summer of 1944.
Hungarian teams are armed with 2 rifles and their only AT-weapons are Molotovs.
Romanian teams are armed with 1 pistol and 1 smg and their only AT-weapons are Molotovs. But this changes when Romania switches sides. Once on the Allied side Romanian TH teams are equipped with grenade bundles.

For most of the war only German and Finnish tank hunters are actually capable of hunting tanks.

Use to buy them only if I had extra points to spend...that may change now. Thought that they were all the same but see they are quite different. Good info Vartuoosi.

One might venture a guess that for the price three Tank hunter teams for the same price as a crack Sniper may be more effective.

I think a tankhunter is more of a defensive weapon and a sniper more offensive. The sniper will be very good to gather information for you with a small chance of detection.
They are hard to compare.

I think it is a better to compare a TH with a LMG unit. Usually I both these teams only to spent the last points and I do favour a TH team, but only when playing the Germans.

Even the worst of the TH teams are worth it if you are forced to tank on enemy armor with infantry. Would much rather lose a TH team then 3/4s of an infantry squad trying to take on enemy tanks. Specially in open terrain, sometimes you must deal with a tank or two and at the very least, a TH team or two will cause the enemy to pause and deal with them, buying you a turn or two.

For 11-21 pts. I am willing to send 2 infantry men to face armor than an entire Plt. They are worth more than a plt. in terms of at defense - That is certain.

I usually buy them, tend to slot them in the gaps between the plts to root out hidden inf, spot armor etc etc, i also try and get them into the enemies rear to seek out armor where my opp isn't expecting it.

Good for probing flags in ME and for running ahead of the main force in attack to spot any dug in troops, flushing out ambushes etc, in short they are great!

For the russians i only ever expect them to take out armor when they have the RPGs.

My german tankhunter team uncovers Booties SMG platoon, they get in the foxhole with the ruskies before they spot them and they are soon wiped out but i'm sure you could imagine how painful that could have been if i'd tried to rush that gap with any more forces

ambush.jpg

Back