Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The BORSCHT WARS - CM Black Sea Campaign

This thread was enough to get me out of my lurking streak! I love the idea of creating operational campaigns like this. I've made a few myself, but the single biggest bottleneck for me is taking all of the tactical maps. I'm just not savvy enough with the editor to pump them out in any reasonable amount of time.

Regardless, this looks fantastic, rules, operational map, unit counters... You've really outdone yourself with this one @Rico
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to be one of the players. I don't really care which side I'm put on. The next few months should be static enough on my end to be able to participate. Looking forward to seeing this come together more!

How did I miss this.

(thinking of dropping the Engineer platoons as I can't really think of too many functions for them)

Perhaps have them build bridges?
hDxxU3K.jpg

AIR to AIR Combat

I am thinking of abstracting this out ... both sides focused on ground support. Neither side has the resources for much of any strategic bombing.

There's a great series of board games called the Downtown Air Series which has easy to learn rules for ground to air/air to air combat if you want to resolve the air war and play a good game into the bargain.
Here's a video of a playthrough.

The above will need quite a few CMBS battle maps and all help and assistance possible in that area will be appreciated.

I can help if you want.

Anyway -- thinking cap on how to simplify this ... I am thinking of astripping out the arty support units and combining them in a Btn HQ Unit ... also want to simplify the support units etc...

Good idea, less clutter.

Would love to get involved.
Will both armies have a pre built OOB's?

Campaign ends when either side is so damaged that they sue for peace or one of the capital cities are captured.

There is a good system in Nemesis: Burma 1944 (board game) where each side have a political tracker, when a major town falls or where a unit is destroyed it's reflected by the tracker and when it gets to a certain number it reflects political upheaval on one side and they sue for peace (in the board game a offensive is called off).

There is a good system in Nemesis: Burma 1944 (board game) where each side have a political tracker, when a major town falls or where a unit is destroyed it's reflected by the tracker and when it gets to a certain number it reflects political upheaval on one side and they sue for peace (in the board game a offensive is called off).

I was thinking of something similar.

This thread was enough to get me out of my lurking streak! I love the idea of creating operational campaigns like this. I've made a few myself, but the single biggest bottleneck for me is taking all of the tactical maps. I'm just not savvy enough with the editor to pump them out in any reasonable amount of time.

Regardless, this looks fantastic, rules, operational map, unit counters... You've really outdone yourself with this one @Rico
I'd like to throw my hat in the ring to be one of the players. I don't really care which side I'm put on. The next few months should be static enough on my end to be able to participate. Looking forward to seeing this come together more!
A while back I did extract all the maps from the campaigns (that I have installed in CMBS) for this purpose. Clearing one of those is quite doable I found out, but I only managed to do one before holidays, work, social life & turns souped me up. I was planning to dedicated an evening to it and might get done quite a number all in one go. Together with maps from scenarios and QBs not already covered, there is quite a number of maps.

How can I get in on this when its ready? Thank you @Rico for the work you're putting into this!

PS: One issue I ran into on weekend ... Ukrainian infantry don't have any night vision kit or special night fighting capabilites, correct. Their vehicles do it seems.

This might skew things a bit.
Yes I think only some recon troops have night sights on their weapons, apart from vehicle optics and I guess ATGMs.

PS: One issue I ran into on weekend ... Ukrainian infantry don't have any night vision kit or special night fighting capabilites, correct. Their vehicles do it seems.

This might skew things a bit.

Also no drones on the UKR side either. I am trying to recall what other QB rules I normally ask for in H2H to keep the playing field fair.....

The BTR-4E is better than the BMP-2 if you want a good IFV for 101 Battalion.

And I also suggest to put At least 1 US Stryker infantry battalion or Cavalry squadrons for the Chomsks if its not too late (Backstory may be western support for the nation ???) Since the best vehicles the Ukrainians have are the T-84 (Roughly compared to the T72B3) and the BTR-4E (Slightly better than the BMP-2M).

@Rico

Last edited by a moderator:
Back