Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Netherlands

AVHtRlb_zpsmxthiqlr.jpg

Ah, that makes sense! That fence behind you has a distinct DDR(Eastern Germany)-look and the Altmark is the eastern neighbour Luneburg Heath, the area where Munster is = much the same landscape.
I like these picture-riddles. :)

The Altmark training area is a former DDR/Russian training area. Also a former Russian base.
The German army (WWII) used this also as a trainingground.

I've been to Munster/Berg-Hohne alot during my time in the army. Been almost alover Germany during that period. Loved the Eifel area.

Believe it or not, I haven't been there yet.
Being a stubborn northern German dude, I saw no use in traveling the southern part of Germany, saying the sea is the best place for vacations.

But ever scince I was in Hohenfels/Grafenwöhr as COB (playing a civilian in training exes) I found out just how beautiful hills can be. :confused::D
The Eifel is definitely on my travel list.

You should indeed visit the Eifel. It is a awesome place. And for me, as a stuborn Southern Dutch dude, I never seen the northern part of holland ;) (only the training grounds)

You should indeed visit the Eifel. It is a awesome place. And for me, as a stuborn Southern Dutch dude, I never seen the northern part of holland ;) (only the training grounds)

You've missed the best part! The Frisian lakes and Wadden Islands are beautiful! Although especially during the summer i.e. when the sun is shining.
To be fair, as a true blondhaired, tall, calvinistic protestant from north of the rivers I've never had a holiday in Limbabwe. Only drive through on my way to France.

Eifel and Mosel area are indeed beautiful! But so is the Röhn area and lots of others in Germany. I like Germany. Beer is good and cheap!

You've missed the best part! The Frisian lakes and Wadden Islands are beautiful! Although especially during the summer i.e. when the sun is shining.
To be fair, as a true blondhaired, tall, calvinistic protestant from north of the rivers I've never had a holiday in Limbabwe. Only drive through on my way to France.

Eifel and Mosel area are indeed beautiful! But so is the Röhn area and lots of others in Germany. I like Germany. Beer is good and cheap!

hahahah nice one Bert. I did visit Texel a couple of times. Last time was last summer holiday. :)
and I don't live in Limburg but Brabant :D

Back